Episode 6 Chapter 31

Cassie, Stiles, and Scott were trailing the Kanima, also known as Jackson, as fast as they could in Stiles' jeep. They stopped driving when they reached a line with sharp spikes poking out.

"What do we do now?" He looked over the passenger seat only to find Scott gone with the door open. He looked in front of him and saw Scott jumping over the gate.

"I guess we just wait," Cassie answered.

"I hate waiting," Stiles grumbled, crossing his arms.

--

A few minutes pass. The Kanima and Scott had took off so Cassie and Stiles figured they should follow him. They tracked him down to a club called "Jungle". They crept up behind Scott. He turned around and flinched at the sight of them.

"Sorry, I'm sorry," Stiles apologized. "Did you see where he went?"

"I lost him."

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one."

"Alright, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone."

"Ah! That's explains the claws, the fangs, and all that. Good, makes perfect sense," Stiles sarcastically replied, earning a glare from Scott and a snicker from Cassie. "What? Scott, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

"Just help me find it."

"Not "it", Jackson."

"Yeah, I know, I know."

"Alright, but does he know that?" No response. "Did anybody else see him at your house?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyways."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test anyway?"

"I don't know."

He looked at Cassie for her answer. "I got nothing."

"Maybe it's like an either-or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right?"

"That's it," Cassie spoke up, making both the boys turn their heads to her. "When's the Kanima not the Kanima?"

"When it's Jackson."

Stiles looked above him and started backing up. "Uh... guys."

Cassie and Scott walked next to where he was standing and looked in the same direction.

"Am I going crazy, or do you guys also see the Kanima?" Cassie asked.

"He's inside."

"What's he gonna do in there?" Stiles asked.

Scott stayed silent for a for seconds before replying. "I know who he's after."

"What, how? How? Do you smell something?"

He nodded. "Armani."

The three looked around for a back door. When they found one, Stiles went up to it and jiggled the doorknob.

"Aw, come on," he groaned. "Alright, maybe there's, like, a window we can climb through. Or some kind of..." He turned around when he heard a loud squeaking noise and saw the door opened and the doorknob on the floor. "... handle that we can rip off with supernatural strength. How did I not think of that one?"

Cassie rolled her eyes at Stiles before going in the club, pulling him along.

They walked in, side by side, to see loud, electronic music playing with flashing lights and men everywhere.