Episode 1 Chapter 23

Cassie knocked on the door to Lydia's hospital room before coming in.

"Hey Lyds, feeling better?"

"Sure, I guess. Is Jackson here too?"

She frowned at the strawberry-blonde, shaking her head. Lydia sighed disappointedly before carefully getting up from her hospital bed.

"You want help getting in the shower?" her dad asked.

She looked at him with a very clear dislike of his visit. "Maybe if I was four." she replied, getting up from the bed. "And still taking bubble baths."

"Right, I'll just wait outside then. Where it's slightly less sarcastic."

Cassie opened the door for him. He quietly thanked her before she went out the room herself. She went to go sit down on one of the waiting chairs but saw Stiles laying down with his legs blocking every single, empty seat, sleeping peacefully. She went to go move his legs but stopped when he muttered something in his sleep that caught her attention.

"You're dirty," he chuckled, before puckering up his lips and making kissy noises.

She smirked, realizing just what type of dream he was having. She went over to where his head was hanging off and bent over to his ear.

"Stiles, wake up!"

He jumped up from the chairs, clearly awake from Cassie's yelling. He groaned at the uncomfortable feeling in his neck, rubbing it. She stood back and crossed her arms, grinning amusingly.

"Cass, what the hell?" he groaned. "Why'd you wake me up?"

"Oh, I was just curious who's such a dirty girl. Or boy," she winked at him teasingly as his face turned red.

"You have no idea," he muttered under his breath.

She sat down on the chair beside him. She put her arm on the arm rest and rested her chin on her palm while looking up at him innocently.

"But seriously, who were you dreaming about?" she gasped dramatically. "Don't tell me, Jackson!"

He shoved her arm away playfully. "Shut up."

She rolled her eyes at him before standing up from the chair. "Fine, I'm gonna go to the vending machine. You want anything?"

"Uh, sure, yeah. I'll come with you. I mean- uh, I'll go with you."

She furrowed her brows at him before turning to walk away to the vending machine. He followed her as he scolded at himself for acting so weird in his head.

The two walked to the vending machine which wasn't far from the room. She took out a few quarters from her pocket, realizing that she didn't have enough for the Reese's Cups she wanted. Stiles noticed and took out an extra quarter in his pocket, handing it to her. She thanked him before putter the quarters in the small slot. Just before the Reese's could fall down to their place, the metal spiral stopped moving.

"Oh come on!" she groaned.

Stiles moved her out of the way and went in front of the machine while cracking his knuckles. "Don't worry, I got this."

He put his arms on top of the machine and started to shake it. She facepalmed at his actions.

"This isn't gonna work, Stiles. Just leave it, it's fine."

"No, I told you, I got this," he argued.

He repositioned his arms, putting them on the sides of the machine. He started to rock it back and forth harder than before. The machine went forward a little too much and started to fall down to the floor. Luckily, Stiles got away before the vending machine squashed him flat. Cassie cupped her hands over her mouth, shocked after what just happened.