Episode 2 Chapter 25

"You really don't remember anything?" Cassie questioned.

"They call it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying "we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days"," Lydia replied. "But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked.

"Please, it's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

Cassie placed a hand on Allison's shoulder comfortingly. Allison gave her a half smile and nodded before they entered the school right after Lydia. As soon as they did, all eyes landed on Lydia. The girls stopped walking and stood as everyone eyed them.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds," Allison whispered to Lydia.

Lydia pursued her lips. She flipped her curled hair away from her face and continued walking. Allison and Cassie grinned at each other proudly before walking off to follow Lydia.

--

Cassie sat on the bleachers with her Twilight book in hand. The only reason she actually went to watch lacrosse practice was because Em was on the team. Otherwise, she didn't really get all the hype about lacrosse in Beacon Hills and never really understood it. In her old school, basketball was their top sport. She didn't really understand that either.

"McCall." Her attention was lifted from her book and was to Coach Finstock and Scott's conversation. "Usually, the goalie stays somewhere within the vicinity of the actual goal."

"Yes coach." Scott ran back to his position and the goal post and got ready for the next person to go up.

Cassie placed her bookmark in the page she was reading and closed her book. "What the hell are you doing Scott?" she whispered.

Coach blew his whistle and the next boy, who was the boy Cassie bumped into the other day, started running towards the goal. She furrowed her brows, watching the scene in front of her, as both Matt and Scott came running towards each other.

Isn't the goalie supposed to stay in the goal?

Scott shoved Matt to the floor, flipping him over. He crouched down to Matt's level and started sniffing him.

What the fuck...?

"McCall, the position's goalkeeper. Not goal abandoner."

"Sorry Coach."

He blew the whistle again just as Scott was getting ready for the next boy to go up. Just as Cassie and everyone on the field watching expected, Scott shoved him to the ground and started sniffing him.

"Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend?" Coach said, pulling on Stiles' ear.

"Uh, he's failing two classes, he's a little socially awkward, and if you look close enough, his jaw line's kind of uneven."

Coach squinted his eyes at Scott and then finally let go of Stiles' ear. "That's interesting."

Danny was up next. Coach blew his whistle for the millionth time, signaling that it was time for Danny to go up next. Like all the other times, he tackled Danny to the ground and started sniffing him.

"It's Armani."

"Huh?"

"My aftershave, Armani."

"Oh, it's nice."

Coach blew the whistle yet again. "McCall! You come out of that goal one more time and you'll be doing suicide runs until you die," he threatened. "It'll be the first ever suicide run that ends in a suicide. Got it?"

"Yes coach," he replied, backing up into the goal post.

Jackson was next up. "Uh, coach, my shoulder is hurting. I'm gonna sit this one out."

"Wimp," Cassie muttered, earning a snicker from Scott.

The next boy was someone named Issac Lahey. He was the quiet kid who always sat in the back in Cassie's chemistry class. He was growling and breathing heavily. Stiles, who was behind Issaac, noticed it and figure that Issaac was the new werewolf. From the goal post, Scott could sense it too. Coach blew the whistle yet again and the two boys took off running at each other. They met up in the middle and both tackled each other to the ground. Both groaning from the impact. They looked at each other, flashing their glowing, golden eyes. Cassie was on the edge of her seat. She too had figured out Issaac was a werewolf. She noticed his behavior when it was his turn to go up.

The police started to walk on the field. Cassie got up from the bleachers, gathering her stuff, and walked onto the field where Stiles was.

"Are you gonna tell me what the hell has been going on?" Cassie asked, a little offended that she was left out on all that.

"Scott said he could sense another werewolf on the team," he whispered to her. "That's the werewolf."

"Issaac Lahey?"

"Yeah, you know him?"

"He's in our chemistry class. He's that quiet dude who always sits in the back. Gotta admit, he's kind of attractive."

He scoffed. "He's not that attractive."

"Emphasis on the "kind of", Stiles."

He rolled his eyes at her and walked over to Scott with Cassie following behind him. Issac was talking with the police officers, A.K.A, Stiles' dad and Cassie's mom along with another guy. They stood on either side of him and waited for Scott to tell them what the conversation was about.

"They think he was murdered," Scott said.

"Do they think he's a suspect?" Stiles asked.

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Because they can lock him in a holding cell for twenty-four hours," he replied.

"Like overnight?"

"During the full moon."

"How good are these holding cells at holding people?"

"People good. Werewolves, probably not that good."

"Stiles, remember when I said I don't have the urge to maim and kill?"

"Yeah."

"He does."

The three stood there, watching Issac walking away with the officers for more questioning.