Epilogue

POV TITUS

one month later

I was getting better. I still wasn't a fan of eating much and I still had problems sleeping without Anastasia by my side, but my mental state got better. I now knew that there were things to live for, especially one human being on this earth and I knew that I couldn't do that to her again. That didn't mean that I never felt the urge to cut myself or hurt myself in general. I still felt like doing it, every week and almost every day, but as soon as I thought of the consequences for Anastasia and the last words I told her before I passed out, I was able to resist trying to hurt myself somehow. I gained my will to live back.

My body also gained a few pounds. Like I said, I still hated eating and I never ate much, but I ate a lot compared to what I ate a few months back.

I couldn't wait for Anastasia to come and get me. Today was the day that I was allowed to go home again as long as I wasn't left alone. Anastasia would be the one to come and get me, she didn't have to tell me that because I just knew it, and then we would go home.

It felt weird to call it that but it was the truth. Living with Andrea and David was the place I felt comfortable. I didn't fear them anymore. Not like I did in the past.

I was lost in my thoughts until I heard the door being pushed open. Something that hadn't changed was my fear of new people and them trying to hurt me.

Looking up, I was met with the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.

"Hey, get ready for our drive home."

These were the first words she said to me. Without hesitation, I stood up and almost ran to her, picking her up by her waist and spinning her around.

-

We soon made our way out of this building. I said goodbye to the people I saw every day and got used to, even though I still didn't like them, and then left the building for the first time in over a month. Holding her hand, I let her lead me to the car where I was met with Andrea and David.

I greeted them both with words which still shocked them. In the month I spent here, they visited me about once a week so they still were new to me answering anyone except for Anastasia in more than one word.

I got in the car, sitting in the back because my foster parents were both sitting in the front. Anastasia joined me in the back and sat right next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. I did the same and closed my eyes, waiting for us to get home.

It didn't take us long to reach that place. We all got out and got inside as soon as possible as it started to rain. Inside, I was met with a 'welcome back' sign and some balloons hanging here and there. On the table I found four bags filled to the rim with popcorn, my favorite snack. Without thinking about it, I walked up to the table and sat down in front of one of the bags and reached inside to grab some popcorn. That was something I couldn't say no to and it weirdly didn't trigger me at all that it was food.

They all joined me and soon started to eat some of their popcorn as well. It didn't take long for us to move to the couch to watch a movie. Continuing to eat from the popcorn, I watched the movie. Maybe I should say that I tried to watch the movie, instead, as I was focused on Anastasia instead for about ninety-nine percent of the time.

-

In the evening, I was alone in my room with Anastasia. We were both sitting on the roof of my room and watching the sunset. It was perfect. I turned so that I was looking at her. I still had no idea how this angel had found and saved me, but she did and I was more than grateful for that.

"Thank you for saving me. I don't know how you did it, but I am so grateful that you did your magic on me and saved me that way. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you caring so much about me. I love you. I will always love you, no matter what happens."

~the end~

and this time I am serious :)

------------------------------------------

I really hope that you liked this story... I worked on it for a few months during covid and then needed a bit of time to edit and finally upload it....this was due to the fact that I am about to finish school and really needed a lot of my freetime to learn or organize myself for school. I hope you still finish the story even when you found this story a while ago and if not, I am not mad lol

Some feedback can be added here ---->

Thank you so much for the nice comments

Luv you guys and feel free to dump random shit here if you feel like it -->

:)

~E