Chapter 7

POV Andrea

I was about to enter the kitchen when I heard scratching sounds as if someone was eating. Not knowing what it could be, I slowly leaned forward and looked into the kitchen. What I saw made me speechless. Titus was sitting there, eating breakfast for the first time in months. He normally ate once a day, sometimes even less, but now he was sitting in the kitchen and did the impossible.

But I said it too early. In the next moment, he put his fork down and laid his head on the table. He stopped eating.

Anastasia noticed that too as she was watching him the whole time and stopped eating too.

"Can you please eat a little bit more? It would make me feel better, knowing that your body got the nutrients it needs. It would help you."

She was a sweetheart. And she did her magic on him. I realized that she was probably the only person in this world who maybe had a chance to help him. Titus listened to her, something he never did to anyone else. He ignored us most of the time and tried to avoid us for as long as possible. He always flinched when I tried to hug him. I only wanted to show him the love he never got but he didn't want that. He was thinking that love wasn't real - a fairytale for children to teach them a lie. Titus never told me that but I was not dumb. His reactions showed fear and emotionless behavior.

Titus shook his head, stubbornly refusing to eat more food. But she didn't give up. Instead, she stood up and made her way to him so that she was standing in between his legs. She picked up his fork with some eggs and brought it to his mouth. To my amazement, he opened his mouth without complaints and ate a little bit more. After some minutes she stopped when he refused to eat another bite and finished her food in a hurry. She looked up and saw me standing in the corridor. Giving me a small smile, she removed her gaze from mine and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Holding out her hand, she waited for Titus to grab it before leading him to the living room. The kitchen had two doors, one leading into the living room and one leading into the hallway, which meant that he wasn't able to see me.

I guess I had to call his doctor again. A few days ago, he said that Titus was very likely to be too broken to get saved and that it was best for him to let it go. He told me that it would be better than forcing him to live a life where he just wanted to die. But now his situation had changed.

Maybe he wasn't already dead. Maybe he could be saved.

I immediately called the doctor and told him everything I knew. Without much of a conversation, he told me that he would stop by in an hour to have a look at him.

A/N: A short one but a different pov

 i hope you don't mind that :)

~E