Prologue

POV Anastasia

A new life. My family was moving because my dad got a new job. I wasn't exactly happy about that because I had to leave my friends behind - or should I say, friend? I was never a social person which meant that it was hard for me to make friends. Because of that, I only had one friend but I loved books more so I had no problem with that.

I missed her but I knew that it was impossible to stay. The job was very important for my dad and I knew that I would find a new friend sooner or later.

I was currently looking through the boxes and started to unpack them. We reached our new home a few hours ago. It was a house perfect for a family of three and the garden was beautiful. In the garden, I already found a tree with an old treehouse I wanted to repair. It was perfect if I wanted to be alone and read all day without getting interrupted.

It didn't take long for me to unpack everything. The only thing which needed a lot of time was to arrange my bookshelf. In the end, my books were ordered by color and I loved it. I always wanted to do that and now that I had a much bigger bookshelf, that was possible.

After unpacking. I went downstairs and found my parents both sitting in the kitchen. I guess it took more time than I thought to order my books by color and put them into the shelves.

I inherited the auburn wavy hair of my mother and looked a lot like her. The only thing I got from my dad was the eye color - a light brown. I had some curves and my body wasn't perfect but I was happy with it.

I never understood people that only ate a salad or worked out the whole day to have a 'perfect' body. In my opinion, everyone was beautiful in their own way.

My mother made some pasta for us to eat. We ate together in the kitchen at the counter while having a random conversation. It was Sunday which meant that I had to go to school tomorrow and I hated it. It was in the middle of the year which meant that everyone knew each other already. I would be the new girl. Yey. Note the sarcasm.

After eating, I took a shower and changed into a big shirt that I stole from my dad before jumping on my bed with a book. I could read for hours on end without stopping. I even forgot to eat sometimes when I was too focused on the story.

Long story short - I read until 2 am which was a mistake. I knew that I would be tired in the morning. I closed my eyes and felt myself falling asleep, still thinking about the characters of the book.

A/N: okay so here is the first chapter (or prologue) of this story. I hope you enjoyed the first insight of this story (If you haven't read that part already before I edited it)

Comment your questions and tell your friends about this story :) jk (or not)

QOTD(Question of the day)

Name a book that isn't very popular but still very good in your opinion: [The wrath and the dawn (I only saw it once on Tiktok)]