"I'm wearing lipstick"

"It's fine, I can clean it off afterwards. Do it" I insisted.

She chuckled before leaning in and pressing a long kiss on my cheek. I wish it could be longer.

And maybe on other places too.

"See? That left a mark" She frowned  lifting her hand to wipe it off, but I stopped her.

"It's fine. Go"

I said goodbye to her with a smile on my face, which dropped the second I closed the door.

The house felt empty without her. Not just the house, I felt empty as well. It felt like she was taking half of me with her.

I went to look at myself in the mirror. I saw her lip print on my cheek in that pretty pink color.

All I could think of was I wanted that lip print all over my body.

I put my fingers on my cheek and traced her lip print lightly, careful not to wipe it away. Then, I put my finger on my lips.

This is as close as I can get to kissing you, for now.

I didn't wipe it off until I knew she was back.

Eating dinner alone made me feel like crying. I actually didn't want to eat at all, but Hanon would be disappointed and sad if she saw that I hadn't eaten.

Not to mention I shouldn't throw away any food.

When I was done eating, I just sat on the couch and stared at the door. The TV was on, but I couldn't care less about what was playing. I just wanted Hanon to be home already.

After about one hour of staring at the door and one hour of watching a random show on TV, I finally heard the soft footsteps and the keys jiggling.

I jumped up from the couch, excitedly and ran to the door.

Only to see her mascara was a mess and she had teary eyes.

"Hanon, what's wrong?" I asked, but she ignored me and walked past me, "Hanon" I called her name more firmly and caught her wrist.

I turned her to me. She kept her head down, probably because she didn't want me to see her tears, but I did and I wasn't going to let it go.

I cupped her face and made her look at me.

"Who made you like this and what happened exactly?" I asked, studying her face.

Her mascara was running down with her tears and her lipstick was faded from them running on her lips.

My poor Hanon was so excited about putting makeup on and some undeserving asshole with a deathwish had ruined it for her.

She shook her head sniffling, her lips slightly pouted and her bottom lip quivering.

I sighed at the painful sight and hugged her.

"Let's get you cleaned up, okay?" I whispered in her ear.

I took her hand and led her to the bathroom.

I wiped off her makeup with wipes while she was trying not to cry any harder and then washed her face.

"Go take a shower, okay? I'll be right outside" I told her and she nodded.

While she was inside, I listened very carefully to what was going on inside. She was upset and if she did anything in a rush, she could harm herself.

Once she was done and in her pyjamas, we got under the covers in her bed.

"Want to tell me what happened?" I asked her.

I didn't want to pressure her, but I wanted to know. I wanted to know who it was and what they said.

If she didn't tell me, I would find out one way or the other.

She shook her head and snuggled closer to me, "I'm sorry. I got a bit emotional"

"It's okay, we all get emotional. There's nothing wrong with that. You said so"

"You listen to me very well"

Yes, I listen to every word you say. I keep it in my head like it's the law.

"Thank you for taking care of me" She mumbled sleepily before yawning.

I kissed her forehead and let my lips linger there, "I don't want you to thank me. Taking care of you makes me happy"

"I love you, Kai" She murmured against my chest.

"I love you, my Hanon"

I smiled bitterly and looked down at her now sleeping face. We both said the same words, but we both meant it in a different way.