Chapter 95

After some time I finally went back downstairs to find them looking loved up on my sofa.
"You alright babe?" Vanessa asks as I sit down and I just nod at her.
I know she's done nothing wrong it's Jaxon but still I can't help but be annoyed.
"So, did you talk to her?" Jaxon says and I raise my brow at Nathan.
"What did I tell you about 'her'? I don't need to. She's nothing like that bitch. Regardless of what you say" Nathan tells him and I just look at Jaxon wondering what the hell I did for him to hate me. Did I take bubba away from him? He was never around by the sounds of it.. 
"If you say so bro, now let's have a drink" he says and bubba shakes his head.
"I'm not drinking either" He says and takes my hand kissing it.
"Your not serious?" He says and bubba nods.
"Absolutely. We're doing this together Jaxon" bubba tells him and he rolls his eyes.
"It's OK bubba, I don't mind if you wanna drink with your friend" I tell him so he knows it's not an issue. Just because I'm not drinking doesn't mean he can't.
"No peaches, I don't want to drink anyways" he says and wraps his arm around my shoulders kissing my head.
"I'm perfectly fine how I am" he says and I see Vanessa smile.
How can she let him talk about me like that. What does he say behind my back?
"Whipped mate. Jeez" he says and I remember the day I met him, he said he'd treat Vanessa how bubba treats me but if he can speak to me, her bestfriend like that.. But then he's all nice with Casey I thought and roll my eyes. Are they even my friends. I know Jaxon isn't and I know I don't wanna be around Casey. But Vanessa is she my friend? Of course Natty your being ridiculous.
".. So I suggest you shut your mouth now!" I just caught what bubba says and I sigh and lean into him. Why is everyone against this.. Us.
"Defensive mate. Chill out, maybe you need that drink" he says to bubba and gets up walking out. What part of not drinking..
"Where's the alcohol Nathan" I hear and smirk looking at bubba.
"You got rid of it?" I ask him surprised and he smiles with a nod.
"We don't need it right now so no point in stocking it peaches. This is happening" he says as Jaxon storms back in.
"You always have bourbon. What has she done to you?" He asks disgusted and I laugh.
"You're serious?" I ask him and he looks at me cold.
"Absolutely. He'd of never moved here if it wasn't for you. You took him away from us" he spits and Nathan jumps up stepping to Jaxon.
"Don't ever speak to my peaches like that. Do you fucking understand!" He exclaims and Jaxon just stares at me.
"You know what, get out" Nathan tells him and Jaxon looks at him confused.
"Come on bro" he says and Nathan grips him by his shirt.
"Get the fuck out!" He growls low and deep and I get goosebumps and bite my lip. He's hot when he's angry. Fuck.
Vanessa looks at me and I don't know what to do. I can't be around Jaxon, we're supposed to be happy and in wedding bliss but this is shit. Basically..
But I need to know where Vanessa's at.
I stand up and hold my hand out to Vanessa. She takes it instantly and I take her upstairs and into my bedroom.
"Wow babe, this house is seriously amazing" she says and smiles at me.
"Are you happy Vanessa?" I just ask her as we sit on the chairs by the window and she sighs.
"I was, but since you two left, it's different. He's different. He's obsessed with Nathan and it's not fun. I don't know what to do?" She says and starts to cry. Shit babes.
"I'm sorry babe" I say getting up and hugging her.
"I gave up everything and moved to Birmingham, to now have nothing. I don't want this. It's just getting worse" she says crying more and I rub up and down her back trying to soothe her.
"I'm so sorry babe. He seemed like a nice guy. This is my fault" I tell her feeling guilty and she shakes her head.
"He fooled us all, I just need to go home. Back to London" she says and I sigh.
"Is that what you really want?" I ask her.
"I don't have a choice, I can't stay with him, not after tonight. The things he was saying when you were upstairs. He's vile Natty. I'm done" she says and I nod feeling slightly better than she is in fact my friend.
"Live with us until you're back on your feet" I tell her and she looks at me confused.
"You're having a baby. You don't need me Natty" she says sadly and I furrow my brows.
"I'll need you now more than ever babe. Don't be stupid I love you" I tell her and she smiles and hugs me again.
"I love you too and If Nathan's OK with it then yes" she says excitedly and I do a little happy dance.
"We need to go tell them. Now" I say and she nods and stands up. Taking her hand I give it a little squeeze and lead her out the bedroom. She can do better.
Walking down and into the livingroom bubbas gone.
"I'll talk to him, you find Nathan" she says and I hug her kissing her cheek and nod at her.
"You got this babe" I tell her and walk around into the kitchen seeing the back door open.
Heading out the door I see bubba sat on one of the sofas with his head in his hands.
"Bubba" I say walking over to him and he looks up at me as I reach him and he pulls me down attaching our lips.
"I need to tell you something" he says and I nod at him.
"You go first" I tell him dreading what Jaxon said now.
"He doesn't want Vanessa anymore" he says and I nod.
"Well that's good because that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I told Vanessa she can stay with us until she's back on her feet" I tell him and he smiles.
"If that's what's best for you peaches. Then fine I'll but her a damn house myself" he says and I smirk at him.
"I'm serious peaches. Up until the wedding and she's gone. I'm serious about buying a house for her aswell" he says and I kiss him smiling.
"Babe" I hear a teary Vanessa say and jump up.
"He had the audacity to break up with me" she says and I raise my brow.
"Im sorry babe. Where is he?" I ask her and she just shrugs leaning into the door.
"Gone, he says I have till the weekend to collect my things or he's throwing them" she tells me and I look to a pissed Nathan.
"We'll collect your things and find you a nice little house" he tells her getting up and she perks up.
"You're buying me a house?" She exclaims and he nods wrapping his arms around me from behind. He's so generous. My bubba and his big heart.
"You can't live here forever Vanessa. No matter what peaches and you think, your gonna need your own space" he says and I didn't think about that. She can't bring guys here. I'll have our baby to think about..
"OK so your gonna pick up my things and buy me a house. Why don't you have a doppelganger?" She says and I laugh ushering her into the house.
"Leave my bubba, he's one of a kind" I tell her and turn into his arms.
"Thank you for everything baby, I appreciate you more than anything. I love you bubba" I tell him and kiss him affectionately wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I love you too peaches and you don't need to thank me and I know you appreciate me. Like I'm about to show you how much I appreciate you" he tells me pulling me closer and slowly kissing along my neck and my knees go weak and I'm suddenly being picked up and wrapping my legs around his waist.