(Chapter 3) A Next Generation Legend, Stand Tall, Galactic Hero! (Part 1)

With the events of yesterday's trial finished, the day slowly wrapped up. And the next began in its place. The trial was still fresh in everyone's minds as they woke up. And time never waits for anyone. It only moves forward, as every second passes. And every second continues further away from their deaths.

Almost everyone made their way to the dining room out of routine. Although now it was a much more sluggish speed, as people took their time getting ready and leaving. When Makoto arrived, Sakura, Chihiro, Kyoko, Hifumi, Celeste and Junko were all present in the room. Apart from not being the last to arrive for once, he thought there was going to be a semblance of normality. But that quickly changed as he took a count of everyone.

"So, Toko and Byakuya still are not here, huh?" Makoto sighed disappointingly. "Mondo and Leon aren't here either." 

"Yeah, both Toko and Byakuya are total no shows." Junko commented. "But that ain't a surprise for the two of em. Too much of a stress trip to get those two to cooperate." 

"I haven't seen Mr. Owada nor Mr. Kuwata since yesterday." Hifumi added.

"With what those two had gone through, it may be wise to let them have time to themselves." Sakura frowned as she contemplated. "This has not been easy on us, and it surely has been worse on those most affected." 

"I really wish there was something we could do." Chihiro turned his head down to the ground. "I feel really bad for them." 

Makoto knew that there was no way that the two of them would be willing to rejoin everyone so soon. Taka and Mondo were so close to one another, and to see him executed. It was a feeling Makoto knew all too well by this point. 

When he had to see Sayaka executed, that was the worst thing he's ever had to witness. And it must've been even worse on Mondo. To find yourself, unable to save the person who you vowed to protect, the one who you wanted more than anything to escape with. It was unbearable, and not something that you can truly just get over from. 

And for Leon, the one person who he always chose to hang around with and goof off with. Having to witness your own friend killed in such a way. One moment you're talking with no care, and the next, you never can talk to them again. Makoto only could feel sympathy for the two. It was no wonder that the two haven't shown up. 

"So then, it is just the seven of us." Kyoko asked. 

"Yeah, guess there's only seven of us here." Makoto clutched his fist. 

"But what now...?" Hifumi gulped. "What's gonna happen now? We still haven't found a way out, and I mean will there ever be help arriving? I'm really getting depressed just thinking about it!" 

"It is simply what I have been telling you all along." Celeste smirked. "We move forward, adapt and chose to get along and live together here in harmony."

"Living here forever...?" Makoto looked over at her. 

"After all, we have seemingly all our needs met. Everything is here at our own fingertips. Whether that's food, clothing, supplies. What is so bad about that?" 

"Celeste, can you try to be the littlest bit tactful sometimes?" Junko grumbled. "None of us are really in the mood for hearing about adaptability and crap." 

"I am only suggesting something that will keep us alive." Celeste sighed. "After all, with all that we have. What exactly are you longing for on the outside world? Violence, injustice, disease, greed and the list goes on. With society's continual growth all its misfortunes grow as well. So then is it not-" Before she could finish, a loud energetic voice interrupted her.

"Why of course! For me it's Demon Angel Pretty Pudgy Princess...!" Hifumi squealed. 

"Umm?" Celeste shot a confused look at him.