Boy's Life of Despair (Part 5)

"Uh..." Hiro chose to speak up first. "Y-You really think he was serious?"

"Without a doubt, he was entirely serious." Celeste responded.

"Well, that's that. For all I care that bastard can go to hell!" Mondo growled.

"B-But what he said..." Toko replied. "I b-bet he's actually r-right!"

"Tsk, Toko, what the hell are you saying now!" Junko complained. "You can't be serious, right now. Like do you seriously want to justify him. I can only take so much annoyance in a day, I swear."

"Huh!? W-What do you mean?! I-It's not my fault that you think that. After all you're all disgusting p-people. Anyone o-of you could b-betray and k-kill me! A-All of you hate me and want me d-dead. Just one second and t-then..." 

"Toko, no one actually thinks that." Makoto sighed.

"Liar! I can see it in your eyes, you filthy p-pigs." Toko barked. "Y-You all want me dead!" 

"Man, I mean I've heard of people who throw their own problems on those who just wanna help em." Hiro sighed. "But ain't this kinda just a bit ridiculous?" 

"S-Shut up." Toko snarled. "I know it, a-all you want me d-dead! Everyone o-of you want me d-dead!" She tensely took ahold of her hair and ran straight out of the room. 

"W-Wait, Toko don't-" Makoto tried to stop her from leaving but it was already too late. 

"It's no use." Celeste fidgeted with her hair. "A person like her is not as easily able to get a grasp of reality. Especially when she's already going on like that."

"I'm just gonna be up frank with you all." Junko grumbled. "Those two, I swear imma get a hell of a headache from em."

"Hey, I gotta say that could've gone worse, right?" Hiro tried lightening the mood.

 Leon scratched his head. "Damnit...! I'm feelin' so damn drained now! I'm gonna just go back to the dining room, maybe I'll-."

"Excellent suggestion!" Taka interrupted him. "I had coincidentally been thinking of that too!"

"What?" Leon looked surprised. "I mean...I don't think I suggested somethin'?"

"Of course, you did! Now everyone listen up! We shall proceed back to the dining hall and reconvene, regroup and discuss the next plan."

"That's what you meant...guess I ain't got much say in it, right?" Leon groaned. "I'll just go ahead...damn I really just wanted to go and relax." 

With that complaint Leon left the library, taking his lead the others started to walk out of the library one by one. It was silent amongst each one of them as they left. Chihiro had gotten up, but she looked much more down than her usual self. As soon as she left Junko and Makoto were the last ones inside the library, and right as she was starting to leave as well, she turned to face Makoto.

"Guess we gotta get outta here, huh?" Junko asked. "Well, I'll totally see ya downstairs, see ya!" 

With her departure, everyone had now left the library. This prompted Makoto to start heading back downstairs, albeit more drained just like Leon had previously said. And yet the day had barley even started, which only caused him to feel more drained out. Right when Makoto arrived back in the dining hall, he saw everyone awaiting him. Although just like earlier in the morning, it felt much different than usual. 

"Wow...I didn't realize how small our ranks would look after this." Taka sighed. "It really doesn't feel like normal anymore. Even the tables look bigger, somehow."