Life is too short for that shit.

The path towards the altar is adorned with fairy lights weave around the wooden baskets. White rose petals lead the way to me. It's simplistically beautiful. Two chairs with our guests. All I know, this is everything Mika wanted on our special day, and I can't wait to keep surprising her for the rest of our lives.

The breeze from the sea goes straight through me, causing my teeth to chatter. I'm blaming it on the weather, but truly I'm nervous about seeing the love of my life. We've come so far in the past year together in remote silence. I hate to admit a seed of doubt creeps into my brain.

A part of me is scared she will run away and flee... but deep down, I know she wouldn't.

Mika has grown so much as a person-- I just wished she understood how much happiness she deserves. She never wants to accept. For some reason, she likes to think she's a terrible person-- it will be my life's purpose to help her see herself as I do in my eyes.

My breath catches.

If I could screenshot this moment, I would.

Something just for me.

My throat tightens, but not because I'm petrified. If anything, I'm paralyzed. Speechless. Absolutely fucking speechless. Forget the crashing of the waves--all I can hear is the fierce pounding of my heart against my ribcage. She's fucking gorgeous. There's never a day where she isn't.

I'm mind fucked.

Mika trails down the aisle in a white glittery high-silt wedding gown, the train dragging against the sand. Two braids form on the crown of her head, meeting in the back to create a bun with her curls. A flower crown with a veil on the back rests on her head. Her shoulders are exposed from the off-shoulder gown, revealing her cursive tattoo of my name.

Fuck.

I might just die here.

Tears fall down my cheeks. I can't believe we're seconds away from saying I do. My eyes never leave Mika. They never have since the moment I stepped into Diablo's Paraiso. She won me over. I'm not much of a prize, but I'll foreverly be grateful that I'm her person.

Her giggles reach my ears as she extends her hands to hold mine. "Muneco, why are you crying? This is supposed to be a happy day."

"It is." My voice cracks as I bob my head. "I'm happy. I couldn't hold them back-- you're just so damn fucking beautiful. Waiting here almost made me forget. I can't wait for you to be mine forever."

Rosy blush creeps across her cheeks. "Til the end of time, remember?"

"Of course!"

Tania pushes Diablo to us with our wedding rings stitched on the flowery pillow on his lap. His veiny, pale hands brutally tremble as he hands me them. Tania showers Mika with compliments and tints her cheek with red-stained kisses.

Diablo coughs, signaling to come down. "If there's anyone in the world who deserves her, it's you. Take good care of her."

Mika narrows her eyes. "What are you guys whispering about? Share with the girls."

I open my mouth to reply, but Diablo beats me to it. "Nothing, Mika." He presses a kiss on her knuckles. "Just wanted to make sure he will spoil you with love and everything else you deserve. I love you."

"Eugene..." Mika drags his name out. "Stop saying it like it's your last day here."

His lips curve to a little grin. "You never know. It isn't looking too good these days."

Mika flicks his forehead with her pointer and thumb fingers. "Don't say that."

Diablo puts his hands up like he's been caught red-handed. "Fine. Fine. I don't want to ruin the wedding day."