Nineteen-Mika

There wasn't a seed of doubt that my plan would work

When someone as clever as me comes up with a scheme, it always works out to a tea. Diablo, Luka, and Asiel all fall into their places and welcome my result. The only downside is my relationship with Luka is after tonight. He will no longer reveal his intentions unless he's intoxicated. Even then, he wouldn't take the chance to get drunk in my presence.

I guess I could always drug him if needs come to it.

It's about options, people. Fooling Asiel is like taking candy from a baby. Extremely fucking easy. It's a characteristic he desperately needs to work on if he wants to survive in this world. Every time he looked at me, I could read the turmoil churning in his eyes. Poor innocent Asiel tried fighting against his urges, but he couldn't.

I make him crazy, apparently.

Excitement bubbles through my veins like overheated water as Asiel slowly unravels the cloth holding up his mask. It slips to his hands, revealing sculpted features. His emerald eyes gleam with sincerity, mixing perfectly with his cupid-bow plump lips. My knuckle skits over his cheekbones, making his breath hitch from my touch.

"Hiding a handsome face like this should be a crime, Asiel," I scold, clicking my tongue. "I should tie you up right now for keeping this away from me."

His lips tilt into a boyish grin. "Estoy tentado, but later." His hand encloses my wrist, gradually bringing it down. "Right now, I want to tell you about myself, even if I get nothing in return."

(I am tempted.)

Faster than I can blink, he dips beneath my knees and carries me bridal style to the mattress. A cheery laugh falls from my lips. Once he finishes assorting the pillows, he leans downs with his elbow behind his head. Asiel's smirks deepen when I angle over his sculpted chest, laying on it. Our physical contact sends a rush to his head.

"Before I start, can I ask one question?" Asiel asks.

My fingers falter on his chest. "Is this your attempt to get to know me?"

His hands reach over my back, gently threading his fingers through my hair. "If it was, would you open up to me? Could you trust me with your darkest secrets the way I can with you?" He scans my emotionless face. "No, right? I didn't expect you to. But I hope whenever the opportunity comes, that you will."

Never.

My secrets are confidential, locked away in the depth of my memories. There's no key, code, or answer to the sealed storage. I couldn't even unlock the case if I wanted to. It's like a coping mechanism. I don't run from my past, nor do I hide from it. Sometimes it's just easier to trudge around life with no compassion. 

"Ask your question."

He pulls in a breath. "In the alleyway... did you know it was me? Were you waiting for my confirmation this entire time?"