Beach Day

I've always dreamt of this day

To be waiting for my fiance to come down the aisle to start our lives together. Mama always said this would be the best moment of my life — if I wed the right person. She constantly raved about her wedding day while Papa disregarded it. I really wished she was still alive to witness her only son getting married. 

The journey to arrive to this day wasn't like anything a ten-year-old version of myself could imagine.

Ten-year-old me envisioned a beach ceremony, every row filled with our family and friends. The impact of waves in the background collides with the chirps of the birds. It would be right at sunset. For the perfect rays of pink, purple, and blue to mesh into the sky, reflecting on us by the altar. Seashell decor. Sand tingling our feet.

Truly magically.

Ten-year-old me was right about two things-- I was going to marry the love of my life, and I was going to have a beach wedding.

The rush of my heart palpitating to the speed of airplanes recalls memories of my dark days with my heroin addiction. It's so intoxicating. I can get high on this feeling every day. A part of me wants to live in this moment since I've imagined it for years, but the other part wants to get it over with-- to finally be able to call Mika my wife.

Two individuals wait on the sidelines.

Tania and Diablo.

It's crazy how small the line of trust we have with people from our past is.

Her bouncy curls extend to her waist as she sits on Diablo's lap. Tania is identical to when I last saw her three years ago. After many months of convincing, Mika found the courage to contact Tania and explain everything that went down. They have been irrespirable ever since. Mika asked her to be her maid of honor, and Tania literally screamed to the high heavens.

While I had an exceptionally concise list of people to ask to be my best man, Diablo wasn't one of them. Can you blame me? He actively tried to sabotage Mika and mine's relationship. He isn't my favorite person in the world, but after confessing to Mika about Diablo's condition, she begged me to ask him.

With a lot of blowjobs.

And creampies.

It's my guilty pleasure.

With all the chemotherapy, Diablo barely resembles a piece of his older self. There's not a strand of dark hair on his head or face, and his skin lacks the radiating nourishment from a healthy body. Mika isn't willing to admit she's terrified of losing Diablo, but I know she is. He's been with her for almost her entire life.

Parting ways leaves an opening for reconnection.

Death severs the connection permanently.

While I have my issues with Diablo, I will always put my ego aside if it makes my fiance happy. My sole purpose is to make her happy. I don't envy their connection at all. Whatever they have is incomparable to what Mika and I share. There's no ill feeling in my heart. Why waste my time hating people?