Fifty-Five Mika

Mentions of $uicide, cutting and murder

Mentions of $uicide, cutting and murder. Proceed with caution 

My eyes flutter open, confusion devouring my mind like a zombie. A second ago, I was in Asiel's protective arms as if nothing could touch me, harm me, taint me. He's my savior, my guardian angel that I never knew I wanted. It's like he can protect me from everything-- aside from myself and my mind.

But I'm not in his arms anymore.

Asiel's stone-color walls are long gone, replaced with the glass revolving door. Why am I here? Why does this feel familiar? Memories cascade through my mind like leaves collapsing down from their branch. Is this what I think it is? The place where I committed the horrendous crime that would undoubtedly alter my life?

Through the glass reflection, I scan the hotel lobby, decorated with gold, white, and red patterns. A crystal-pendant chandelier hangs above the waiting area in the center of the room. Two children have their faces stuffed in their iPads as their parents converse with the receptionist.

Why am I back here? What do I get from reliving this? With trembling hands, I push through the revolving door, following until everything turns white. The door rotates and spins like a merry-go-round as I search for an exit. Suddenly, the door halts, and I stumble out of the entrance, landing on my knees.

My impact on the floor causes a splash of water to clash with my face, causing my eyes to shut. I scrub the droplets from my cheeks, slowly opening one eye at a time to see my reflection on the floor. I'm wearing the exact thing I wore when everything took place. My hair is in half up and down hairdo with a red ribbon bow and a sweetheart-neck flounce-sleeve velvet dress on my frame. 

Mysterious, alluring, and deadly. The skull lace choker on my neck. My makeup is heavy, grunge, hiding my dark circles as I'm about to conquer my demons-- face to face. The water ripples beneath my knees as a single breath escapes my lips. I cock my head to the side, dipping my finger into the puddle to see it appear on the other side.

What the fuck? Like Alice in wonderland, I fall into the waterhole, and my stomach coils as I flap my arms aimlessly. The drop goes for miles, water bubbling from my fast pace as I try to cling to anything. Water whoosh around like jumping in a pool like a cannonball.

My eyes are dizzy and hazy as I'm sitting on my ass in front of his expensive penthouse suite. Whiplash hits me like a bag of bricks as my stomach churns, vomit piling into my throat. Jesus, when did my tummy get so weak? Feeling a shadow hovering over me, I glance at the corners of the room to see a red blinking light on the cameras.

Diablo always takes care of the footage.

Hoisting from the ground, I knock on the crimson door, the charms on my diamond bracelet clinking against each other. The radiating heart-shaped jewel on my ring illuminates in the hallway lights. Tonight I'm his nightmare, dressed like a daydream. A captivating curse wrapped in elegant wrapping paper with an enormous bow.