One- Asiel

Plain sandy walls

Plain sandy walls. Crisscross rusty steel bars prevent the inmates from coming out. The dirty smell of urine pollutes my nose. It wrinkled in disgust as I sent cautious glances towards the inmates leaning against their bars. My bodyguard opens the iron door, escorting my way to the final cell.

"Gato."

My cousin rises from his grey-colored bed, dropping the book in his hands on the floor. His lips curls up, cold with a faint hint of sinister as his hands rest on the cell lock. Behind my bulky security guard, the Warden trudge through with the keys in hand.

"Get this cabrón to open the fucking door already!" Gato cracks his neck, eyeing the Warden like meat.

I stuck my hand up to silence my cousin. "Gato tranquilo." I bob my head towards the lock, permitting the Warden.

With trembling hands, he forces the key in the hole, blubbering from our attention. A muscle clenches in my jaw when the key falls from his quivering grip. He hastily glances to his left, a general human intuition when one is experiencing fear. The glimpse of fear in his eyes arouse my ego. Once retrieving the key, he thrusts it through once more only to receive a glob of spit on his face from Gato.

Gato's sweet gesture caused the Warden to scamper in fear.

"Hijo de puta." I groan, opening the jail cell myself. "I said to remain calm Gato. Do you have to disrespect my orders?"

(Motherfucker.)

Gato clicks his tongue. "El hijo de puta estaba tomando demasiado tiempo. You don't have to stare at blank walls all day."

(The son of a bitch was taking too long.)

"I'm working on it, Gato."

His brows knot together. "Are you? Ya han pasado dos semanas."

(It has already been two weeks.)

I drag my tongue across the seam of my lips. "You got busted for being a stupid cabrón. What ran through your mind to walk around the city's streets with ten kilos of coke on you?"

He threw his head back, laughing. "Jefe, I was making bank for you. About to fuck some good pussy too. Now I got nothing."

"Don't worry," I smirk, squeezing his shoulder. "I brought Raquel with me. She's in the bathroom getting ready."

Gato flashes an eerie grin while rubbing his hands together. "Did you really drag your ass down here to escort my wife to me?"

"You caught me." Pulling a cigarette from my pocket, I sneer. "I had a few questions to ask about that night. Was there any suspicious activity before the police caught you? It's easier to go after the carbón if you reduce the options."

My cousin cracks his knuckles. "I ran into Omar from the Villalobos cartel. He wasn't exactly pleased to hear we broke the treaty and was selling in his territory. Hijo de puta."