Seventy-Nine Mika

What's the secret remedy for a broken heart? Hot chocolate? Ice cream? Hibernation? Because none of them are fucking working

What's the secret remedy for a broken heart? Hot chocolate? Ice cream? Hibernation? Because none of them are fucking working. Nothing stops the excruciating, sharp pang in my chest. It's a constant reminder. Even if I forgot for a second or two— it always comes back.

Clutching onto the pillow, I watch Flynn give Rapunzel a horrible haircut, causing her hair to turn brown. My heart leaps in my throat when I realize what this means— Flynn is going to die. The evil mother plunges out of the window, and I can't help but laugh. She fucking deserved it. Rapunzel begs Flynn to stay with her, singing the magic song in hopes of saving him.

Flynn barely holds on, calling Rapunzel's name in a weak, strained voice. I squeeze my pillow tighter with one hand and fan my eyes to keep them from crying. But Flynn's gut-wrenching last statement strikes a powerful chord in my chest, and the tear gates flood open. Why does Asiel love tragic love stories like this?

I cry along with Rapunzel. Mainly because of Flynn's death, but a part of me mourns the death of my relationship with Asiel. Nothing beats watching a sad movie to hide the reason you were crying. Rapunzel's tears fall on his cheeks, morphing into the magic flower. Wait. What's happening?

The magic flower is coming out of his body?! Now, it disappeared into oblivion. What's happening? Is Flynn going to live? Oh, my fucking god-- his eyes opened. A puddle grows on the bed from all my crying as Rapunzel leaps into his arms. God, I wish I could have that right now. This movie was supposed to make me feel better, but I feel worse.

They have the most romantic kiss of a lifetime.

Now, I understand why Asiel loves this movie. It's a perfect love story. They're so perfect for each other. Why couldn't I have this? Why did reality have to be so cruel? I know why because I'm not Rapunzel. She deserved all the goodness in the world exactly like Asiel. He will get his happy ending. I have faith in that.

It's just not going to be with me.

The door creaks open, revealing Diablo with a tray in his hands. "Hey, Mika. I made you your favorite-- mac and cheese."

Quickly, I dry my eyes with my fingers. "Yeah, it was my favorite when I was twelve. Besides, I don't want it."

Diablo exhales a long breath and sits on the edge of the bed. "You need to eat. Starving yourself won't make anything any better."

"I'm not hungry," I say through gritted teeth.

An uncomfortable chill cascades down my body when Diablo tugs a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Mika, you need to eat. Just take two bites."

I roll my eyes. "What if I just stab you with the fork instead?"

Diablo's smile widens. "There's my Mika." He lightly nudges my shoulder. "I have something planned for us. To get you out of this funk."

With a pouting face, I take a bite of the cheesy mac and cheese and was pleasantly surprised. "I don't want to go anywhere. Just let me lie in bed and die."