Fifty-Six Mika

Wood rugged planks are criss-cross on the ceiling, holding up the metal rooftop

Wood rugged planks are criss-cross on the ceiling, holding up the metal rooftop. Bulbs dangle from a skinny string. The fluorescent light leaves a grim yellowish tint on the area. The dark brown bricks are tainted with graffiti—random words and symbols written in white and yellow tints. The floor looks as if it's been burnt with garbage, dust, and ash coating it.

Luka stands in front of his familia, leading them to their death-- essentially.

For precaution, Luka had his hounds watching me like a hawk. If I moved one muscle out of place, they would pierce their beady eyes through my skull. It's not like I feared them, but if I wanted to be of any value to Asiel, I needed to wait for the perfect opportunity.

Luka's army takes up about half of the room, leaving the entrance vacant for Asiel to emerge. Every member has an assault rifle attached to their back. Glancing at my apple watch, I see it's almost for the journey to begin. I'm itching for a taste of blood. To reap my guilt by slicing people a part like animals.

Does this make me selfish? To offer people up like cattle for me to spend a lifetime with Asiel? My hand skims over the necklace, feeling his purity ring. There's a piece of him always with me, and in a few minutes, he will be in front of me. We will be enemies for the sole of five seconds before I stab a knife in Luka's back.

"Everyone," Luka announces. "Take your places."

Feet shuffle around the area, and I back away to keep myself from getting in the way. An uneasy tingle erupts in my veins as I watch four members stand in front of me and move backward. With widened eyes, I shuffle back until my back hits the wall. Like a sliding door, they move away to reveal a demented Luka.

He savagely grabs my arms, bending them backward, and slams my cheek into the brick wall. I groan, feeling a cold, resistant around my wrist--handcuffs.

Luka wraps his hand around my head, pulling it back to feel his hot breath on my ear. "This is for Ander. He didn't deserve it. You fucking bitch."

I laugh as he squishes my face into the wall. "Aww, so the rumors are true? Doesn't look like I was the only one mixing business with pleasure."

He flips me around to face him, pressing my cheeks together until they physically hurt. "Shut the fuck up, bitch. Unlike you, I'm going to wipe the earth of the filth. Getting rid of the Morterero brother that should've died years ago."

My breathing comes out heavy through my nostrils. "If you touch a hair on Asiel's head, I'll gladly bring you to meet your lover in hell."

Luka breaks into hysterical laughter as he knocks me to the floor, causing my shoulder to slam to the ground. "And I almost thought you didn't care about him. A lover for a lover. Only fair, no?" He squats down, tilting my chin to face him with his pointer finger. "Step back and relax, sweetheart. I promise to make it painful."