Thirty-Three-Asiel

The toxins from my stomach decorate the floor in a nasty puddle of half-eaten food

The toxins from my stomach decorate the floor in a nasty puddle of half-eaten food. The acids scorch my esophagus as another wave of vomit spills from my mouth. My heart passionately thumps against my palm as I try to breathe through my nose. Finally, my stomach waves a white flag, and I am done throwing up for the night. My head slams against the crisp, cooled wall, but I'm unphased.

Nothing compares to vomiting an amount to fill an ocean.

Sweat trickles down my chin to the floor. I should volunteer as a tribute in a marathon for the most vomit a person can gag up. My confidence shrinks to the size of a tic-tac as my eyes flutter open, peering at my employee crawling back using his arm. His face is contorted in agony as the blood trails down his fingertips.

Am I being a respectable leader? A righteous boyfriend? Mika is experiencing the truth of this secret floor on her own because of my nerves. I've fallen casualty of hysteria as I struggle to move any of my limbs. I wanted to be with Mika and prove to her I'll always be here. To assert my loyalty, if matters take a dark turn, and our lives are at stake, I'll stand with her.

Tonight is only the first night of our life filled with adventures. My empire is thriving, and I want to share everything with my girlfriend. Help her accomplish all her ambitions and create the world into a place we want to live in. No controlling fathers. No child trafficking associated with us. Only peace and prosperity for everyone.

Mika can take the lead.

It's a no-brainer.

I've always been a doormat, following everyone's orders as if I was under a spell. Even now, any calls I made were in correlation with what my papa wanted. Mateo has lost a bit of my respect after his indecency requirement to comment on my relationship and his contact with my papa. If I'm going to take commands from someone, it should be my goddess of a girlfriend. Her mind is a masterpiece, ready to unravel for the rest of the world.

My eyes widen in concern as a scarred Mika stumbles from the hallway, leaning her body in the doorway. Her attire is fanatic. Her hair is scattered, yank in all directions as her eyes take a long moment to meet mine. Distress is in her aquamarine irises, the quiver of her lip sending an alert to my heart.

My body reacts like a lightning bolt, transferring onto my feet and hurling at Mika. Her arms open instantly, widening to wrap around my form as I cradle her head in my neck. She nips at my back, digging her nails while tremors leave her body. Whatever she witnessed at the edge of the hallway was tormenting her.

"Princesa, I'm here with you," I whisper, tenderly rubbing her head full of hair. "You aren't alone. What did you find? What is Diablo's big secret?"

Mika pulls back, her lips opening only for nothing to come out.

My hands engulf her cheeks, stroking small circles to ease the tension on her body. She clings to my wrist, her hands battered with scratches and dry blood. Fear is emerging through my veins like a new-engineered virus as all the possibilities rake through my brain. How could I be so weak? Mika could've entered the bursting rings of fury hell, and I didn't offer any security.