Chapter 26

Chapter 26 026

    Meng Ling had a fever, and this time it was worse than ever.

    Her eyes were burning red, and she was half-closed dully.

    In a drowsy state, a constant temperature ice pack was placed on the head.

    Meng Ling opened her eyes vigilantly, and when she saw Xie Nuocheng's familiar gloomy eyes, she smiled reflexively at him.

    The eyes on the bridge of the nose were removed at some point, and the facial features modified by special effect makeup powder were exposed to the air without any cover.

    Xie Nuocheng couldn't help shrinking his pupils, looked down at the warm water basin at his feet, and kicked the bed without a trace.

    He turned sideways to block Meng Ling's vision.

    The female alpha's facial features are not ugly, half of the brilliance is covered by dark brown makeup powder, but she doesn't look ordinary and mediocre in the past.

    There was a sickly flush on her cheeks, and a thin layer of mist shrouded her black and white eyeballs.

    Xie Nuocheng pursed his lips, feeling a little uncomfortable.

    Couldn't tell if it was discomfort at seeing her vulnerable and lifeless, or anger at not taking the best time to pry into her secrets.

    Rationally speaking, he should have done it immediately the moment he sent her home an hour ago.

    At that time, Meng Ling was so delirious from the fever that he fell into a coma.

    In Major General Xie's life dictionary, he would never miss any chance of a weak enemy.

    Take advantage of her illness to kill her. Find out all her secrets.

    But when he actually got started, he seldom hesitated.

    The hot water at the feet turned to ice water.

    But he hesitated and remained motionless, as if taking this step, many things could not be turned back.

    As for why he turned back, who knows?

    So much so that until Meng Ling woke up, he couldn't succeed.

    Seeing her sitting up with her arms propped up, Xie Nuocheng's face darkened again.

    He pulled a blanket over and leaned over to put it on for her.

    "Xie Nuocheng?" Meng Ling asked him with her pitch-black eyes, which seemed to be not completely clear yet.

    "Hmm." He whispered.

    She bent down to remove the ice pack from her head, and checked the temperature. The temperature from her palm was scalding hot, and physical cooling was obviously not of much use.

    He frowned, staring at her sweat-drenched forehead, and said in a low voice, "The fever won't go away. I'll take you to the hospital."

    "No!" Meng Ling reflexively refused.

    She is not very bright now, but when she heard the word "hospital", she instinctively bounced off the bed.

    The blanket on her body slipped off with her movements.

    She had changed into pajamas, and the person who changed her clothes might have been too nervous, the buttons were crooked, and only three were carelessly fastened.