Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor

Start from the beginning

"Sorry." Harry jumps up, "Didn't mean to scare you. I.."

"How did you get in here?!" I practically yell, still in shock.

"Poppy." He answers, his eyes trailing down my body.

I suddenly realize I'm just in a tank top and underwear, quickly snatching up a blanket and wrapping it around myself.

I can't believe Poppy let him in! What was she thinking?!

Harry bites his bottom lip, his face flushing from being caught gawking at my bare legs.

"You shouldn't be here." I finally find my voice, trying to make it sound firm. "You need to go."

"Don't... Don't kick me out." He shakes his head. "At least not till I've said my peace."

"Think I've already heard that." I narrow my eyes at him.

"You know I didn't mean what I said." He looks into my eyes. "You know that's not how I really feel."

"I thought I knew how you felt, but apparently I was wrong."

"I'm so so sorry I ever said that. I shouldn't of.. Jesus.." He runs his left hand through his long hair. "I was upset... didn't mean it. Didn't mean a bit of it."

"You should go." I look away from him, feeling my emotions threaten to break through.

"I haven't for one second not wanted this with you.." He ignores my request. "Not for even half of one."

He steps towards me, but I move back, keeping the distance between us.

"You need to go." I repeat myself.

"I can't." He wets his lips, looking down at his boots. "Should of come sooner but I was.."

His voice fades off as a frown overtakes his face.

"I'm sorry for what I said." I say quietly.

His eyes shoot up, widened a little in surprise.

"I think you'll be a wonderful father.. the best really." I add truthfully.

"Ava.." He takes another step towards me but I shake my head.

"I can't." I bite the inside of my cheek to keep from crying.

"Please.." His voice sounds desperate, "Tell me what I can do. I'm so sorry. You've no idea how much. Just talk to me. Please Ava."

"There's nothing to talk about." I stare at the wall over his right shoulder to avoid his gaze.

"What?.. There's everything to talk about. I love you Ava.."

"Don't say that to me." I cut him off, "You don't get to say that to me."

"Won't stop saying it. I mean it, more then ever. I love you."

I narrow my eyes at him, cursing him mentally for making this even more difficult.

"Tell me.." He demands. "If you don't love me, tell me."

I open my mouth, sucking in a breath to say just that.

But I can't.

Instead I clamp my mouth shut and head for the front door.

"You can't do it." Harry follows after me.

I pull the door open with my free hand, the other still clutching on the blanket around my shoulders.

"Just go. Please just go."

"This is worth saving... We are worth saving." Harry raises his hand up, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

The act makes me squeeze my eyes shut as an unwanted tear slides down my cheek.

"When you're ready to admit that, I'll be waiting. Am not gonna let this go Ava." He leans down and presses a quick kiss to my forehead. "I'm sorry and I love you."

I don't say a word as he leaves the room, heading down the hallway towards the elevator.

I'm not sure how long I stand there before I close the door. All I know is my mind is more of a mess then ever.

It's filled with Harry, and whether or not I'll ever admit what he wants me to.

__________________________
I know it's a bit short but I wanted to go ahead and give you guys an update today. :)