EPISODE 11 CHAPTER 20

Start from the beginning

The girls walked into the Macy's store and found Stiles admiring Cassie as she looked through some dresses.

She took a black dress that went down to her mid thigh with a halter top, illusion, neckline.

"I'll be right back," she told Stiles, going into the one of the dressing rooms. He nodded and watched her enter the dressing room.

She came out of the dressing room smoothening out the skirt of the dress. Stiles' jaw was practically on the floor. She walked to the full body mirror and stared at herself, feeling uncomfortable in the dress.

She turned to Stiles for his opinion. "What do you think."

"Well, I- uh, I think you'll look beautiful no matter what you wear."

She blushed at the compliment and turned back to the mirror.

"I don't think this is the dress I want. I feel like the design doesn't really fit my body type." She sighed before heading back into the dressing room and changing back into her original clothes.

She tried on a few more dresses, but didn't like any of them. All the dresses went down to her mid-thigh. One dress was a navy blue with thin straps and a small v-neck, another was a dark green dress that had floral designs on the bodice and was off-the-shoulder, the last dress she tried on was a dark red and black, high-low dress with black, thin straps and a black corset like belt, covering most of the bodice.

She decided she was just gonna look for a pair of shoes because it was getting late. She decided on a pair of 2 1/2 inch, black, closed toe heels with one ankle strap for each heel.

She decided on only 2 1/2 inches since the last time she wore heels was on her dad's wedding when she was a bridesmaid, which was 6 years ago. She didn't mind wearing higher inch heels, but she just didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Stiles by tripping and falling on her face.

She was looking through her closet for some old dresses to wear, unfortunately, none of them fit her anymore.

Maybe I should just wear a skirt with a fancy top.

Before she could go to her dresser to look for a skirt and a fancy, matching top, there was a knock on her door. It was her mom.

"Hey sweetie, Em told me you still haven't found a dress yet."

"Yeah," she sighed. "There were some really pretty ones at the mall but none of them really felt right to wear, you know?"

She nodded. She came into the room with a white box wrapped with a black ribbon. "Which is why I brought you this." She placed the box on her bed and sat beside it.

"Mom, you didn't have to buy me anything."

"I didn't, I made it. You know, I'm quite the seamstress."

"Yes I know, you made my previous school dance dresses, remember?"

"And I'll continue to do so until the day I die. Now, open it. Isn't your date coming in an hour?"

She sent her a smile to show her how much she appreciated her and she sent one back as a "you're welcome". She untied the bow the black ribbon was tied in and opened the box. She gasped when she saw the dress and took it out.

The dress reached to her mid-thigh. It was a dark purple color that was topped off with a layer of black lace. The purple layer had a strapless sweetheart neckline while the black lace layer was a v-neck with short sleeves. The box also had a pair of black, lace, fingerless gloves to match with the dress.

She almost cried tears of happiness when she saw the dress.

"Mom, I love it. Thank you," she said before pulling her mom into a hug.

"You're welcome, sweetie. Now go get changed so we can work on your hair and makeup."

She nodded and rushed into her bathroom to change into the dress. She looked at herself in the mirror, admiring herself and the dress before going out so her mom could do her hair and makeup.

Her makeup was a full face. Her eye makeup had eyeshadow that almost matched her skin tone but had small sparkles in it with black, winged eyeliner and black mascara. Her lips were a pinkish-nude color with a touch of gloss. Her cheeks had minimal blush.

Her hair was beautifully curled. It was in a half up half down style with a few strands of hair in her face.

Just as her mom was applying finishing touches to her makeup, the doorbell rang. Her dad being downstairs answered it so she could continue getting ready.

Her mom helped her put on her Elena Gilbert necklace. She put on her fingerless gloves while her mom helped slip on her heels.

Her mom stood back and watched Cassie stand up from the bed.

"God, you look so beautiful sweetie," she complimented.

"You think he'll like it?"

"If he doesn't, I'll take you out to the formal myself." Cassie giggled in response. "You ready for your grand entrance?" Cassie rolled her eyes and nodded.

Her mom exited out the room.

"Now presenting the beautiful woman herself, Cassandra Williams!" She yelled from the top of the stairs before running down the stairs and standing next to her husband.

Cassie smoothened the skirt of her dress before exiting her room and appearing at the top of the stairs. She instantly made eye contact with Stiles, who was basically drooling at the sight of her. She smiled at him as she slowly descended the stairs, making sure she doesn't trip and doing it for dramatic effect. Once she got to the bottom of the stairs, her insecurities invaded her mind.

"Why are you looking at me weirdly? Do I look weird? Oh my god, I should probably go change," she rambled, ready to go back upstairs before she felt a hand on her wrist, pulling her back.

"You don't look weird. You look beautiful, Cass. In fact, you look perfect."

She smiled softly at the compliment. "You don't look too bad yourself, Stilinski."

Her dad was practically killing Stiles with his death glare while her mom took out a Polaroid camera.

"All right you two, get together for photos."

Stiles wrapped his arm around her waist, Cassie doing the same thing to him and putting her other hand on her waist, just above Stiles' hand. The camera snapped a photo. The film came out and she handed it to her husband for him to shake it.

"Different pose this time."

Stiles went behind her and wrapped both arms around her waist and Cassie put her hands on top of his hands. The camera snapped a photo and her mom gave her dad the film again.

"Now, give him a big old kiss on the cheek."

Cassie blushed at the request, making her cheeks turn pinker than before.

"Uh, no, no, honey that's enough photos for now," her dad said.

Stiles was standing at her side again awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

She rolled her eyes at her parent bickering. "All right! All right! I'll kiss him on the cheek."

Her mom got her camera ready as Cassie reached up to his cheek. At the last second, Stiles turned his head to look at her. Instead of his cheek, she kissed his lips instead. Her mom quickly snapped a photo of the moment before they pulled away with red faces.

Oh my god, Cassie you idiot! You just kissed him on the lips! Now things are gonna be awkward between you two at the formal!

"We should, ah, get going," Cassie said while grabbing her small, black handbag and Stiles' hand.

"Remember your curfew!" Her dad yelled as they opened the front door.

"Love you too, dad!"