Chapter 4 - Class Trial 2 + Scrum Debate

Start from the beginning

"...What?" Ryoko interrupted the confused silence that followed with her own perplexed look as she slide the cuff of her glove down to reveal the item in question, it clinging to her wrist. "Whatever do you mean it's not mine? It is attached to me, is it not?"

"Barely," Kenjiro commented on the looseness of it, glancing away with folded arms.

I suppose since Kenji has one himself...he must be the most knowledgeable on them.

"B-But still!" I turned everyone's attention back to me. "Your wristband is...different from Chiyo's."

"At least her's was actually touching her skin without dangling off her wrist like some cheap bracelet," Kenjiro murmured so I could hear his criticism.

"So what are you trying to imply?" Ryoko chuckled. "That this wristband isn't mine or something?"

"No...That is exactly what I think." I clenched my fists in an attempt to sound assertive enough to get people on my side. "R-Ryoko, your wristband...You stole it from Shimura, didn't you?"

"...Ehhh?" She tilted her head once again, drawing out her words teasingly. "Me? Steal from Shimura? Oh come on, I'd like to believe I'm more respectful than that."

"Respectful..." Kenjiro caught onto that single adjective, rolling his eyes at her.

"No...It has to be you!" I continued, pointing at Ryoko. "There were meant to be five people with wristbands...But if we count Ryoko, then it's six! That makes no sense."

"If I think about it...The people with wristbands if we don't count Ryoko were Chiyo, Shimura, Yukari, and Hidemi." Shouko reminded us.

"Then...Who is this mysterious fifth-person Satoshi?!?" Kokoro wondered.

"U-Uh...I..." I stammered, avoiding eye contact with Kenjiro.

I've already revealed Chiyo's wristband! I don't want to be a dick and just expose Kenjiro's too...

So what the hell do I say-

"It's me," Kenjiro admitted, raising his hand in the air.

...Oh.

"Huh? Kenjiro...?" Shouko glanced over at him.

"I have a wristband." He confirmed. "It's...i-in an awkward place, but I have one. So that makes five people, excluding Ryoko."

"And what if Satoshi and his boyfriend are in cahoots, hm?" Ryoko suggested, tapping her finger against her chin in thought. "They could be lying and conspiring against me you know!"

"Oh please..." Kenjiro sighed, having had enough of Ryoko's antics.

But...Did he seriously ignore that boyfriend comment?!?

"I-If your wristband is actually yours...Then turn it on!" I composed myself, glaring back at her. "The red text only flashes on when it's attached correctly to the right holder. So if it's really yours...Then show us!"

Ryoko fell silent, glancing between us and the bracelet that hung from her wrist. All of our eyes were on her, but instead of arguing or creating a scene...

She gave in.

Ryoko twisted the wristband and it detached effortlessly, taking it off with her free hand.

"It was never my size anyway." Ryoko chuckled, tossing the wristband over her shoulder as it landed on the floor with a loud metallic thud. "Now I know never to wear Shimura's clothes with bizarre sizing like that!"

"W-Wait...You don't have a wristband?!?" Kokoro gasped.

"Come on, it was obvious!" Ryoko exclaimed. "It was far too loose for me! But I won't deny and say it wasn't fun to mess with you all. And stealing from that nuisance Shimura was just as satisfying! I'm glad he died before he could cause any problems."