Chapter 4

It was summer time, so the air was warm. The two walked beside each other as Kyley led him to the house that was hosting the party.

Raven raised an eyebrow as he could hear loud music without even seeing the house in sight. He swayed his head towards the Jerseyite.

"Where the hell is the house? Are my eardrums going to blow out by the time I go in there? And how do I know that I'm welcome? Because I am probably not!" He shook his head, folding his arms. "Ugh... I screwed myself over by boarding that train," He frowned.

"That partly may be true. Just a little bit," The redhead grins. "You will be fine though, I promise! Just stay beside me," He smiles, tugging Raven in closer to him.

"You... Are you like this with anybody?" The black haired boy blushes, having never had anyone act this way with him before.

"Not typically," He shakes his head.

"Then why are you acting like this with me?!" Raven pulls away from him, taking out another cigarette and lights it.

"Well, why do you smoke?" Kyley asks, staring down at the smaller boy.

"...," Raven stops walking for a moment. He freezes in place.

"Hey. Are you okay?" The redhead asks, his eyebrows narrowed.

December 3rd, 10 years ago.

Stan woke up that day and thought of the life that he had. He was sick of the stupid farm that he and his family lived on. Sick of the life that he had. Without hesitation, he poured gasoline all over the farm and sat a match on top of it. Of course it instantly went up in flames. But he was unsure if it was the right thing to do after all, after he learned that his mother and sister were stuck in the barn...

That fact haunted him for years on end. To cope with his losses, he decided to inhale smoke as a tribute to them and their deaths. He wanted to make up for their suffering by smoking as much as he could every day.

But it was hurting Stan, both emotionally and physically. He was addicted at this point.

Present Time

"...I don't know. I just kind of started doing it," The goth shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh," The Jersey boy feels like there is more to the story, but ignores that feeling so that the goth feels more comfortable around him. "Well, ready to party with me?" He questions with a grin.

"I guess," The black haired boy shrugs. "Partying isn't really my thing. It better be a damn good one," He narrows his eyes, to which really shows off his dark eye makeup.

"How much makeup you put on, babe? You look like a natural beauty!" The redhead blushes deeply all of a sudden.

"What... What the hell are with these compliments, and this nickname?!" Raven folds his arm, his pale complexion highlighted with a pink blush. "You have something to tell me?!" He questions.

"What...?" The Jersey boy's eyes widen. "Oh, no! I don't mean anything like that!" He shakes his hands as well as his head. "I... Could I ask for your name?" He steps up to the porch of the front house beside the goth boy.

"...Raven. My name is Raven," Stan speaks softly, directing his eyes away with the same blush while he gets to work on lighting another cigarette.

His hair sways within the warm wind and his long lashes seem extra prominent. His black lipstick highlights his pale complexion. His earring moved back and forth along with his hair. In other words, he looked beautiful.

The Jersey boy stared in awe for awhile. Never had he seen a goth... No, not just a goth. Anybody look like this before. He looked like he was meant to be there in that moment, and it was so breathtaking that it caused shivers down the Jersey boy's spine.

"W-Wow, Raven, huh...?" He questioned in a thick Jersey accent.

"Yep. That's my name," The black haired boy nods his head, starting to take the stairs to the front door.

"It's... Fitting for a hot babe like you," The Jersey boy blushes with a grin. "You sure you don't wanna be my girlfriend?" He teases, a smug smile coming upon his lips.

"For the last time, I am not your girl-Agh...!" Raven trips over the stairs, falling straight forward.

He would have made a nasty fall if none other than the Jersey boy himself was there. The redhead caught the shorter boy within his arms, both of their eyes going wide. Raven had his hands placed on Kyley's shoulders, and Kyley had his arms wrapped around Raven's waist.

"...Friend," The black haired boy finished his sentence, having never been this close with anyone before.

"You would've injured yourself bad if I didn't catch ya. Not even a thank you?" Kyley was feeling similar as well, but tried to ignore those feelings to get a reaction out of Raven.

"No... You're not getting anything from me," The black haired boy shakes his head, huffing. "Now, put me down!" He tries to pull away from the redhead.

The Jerseyite is much stronger than him, so Raven's efforts are to no avail. "Why can't I keep ya? I caught ya, right?" Kyley questions with a smirk.

"Because I barely know anything about you, Kyley-B!" The ravenette says in a mocking tone.

"Damn. I wouldn't be so mean to a guy who just saved ya from a brutal fall. You might've scarred that pretty face of yours," The redhead teases, holding Raven tight.

"I...," The black haired boy huffs. "I suppose that you're right. I'm sorry for being so mean. Thank you for catching me," He shifts his ice blue eyes away to the side.

"That's what I like to hear," Kyley grins, setting the boy down and opens the front door. "You ready?" Hq questions.

Raven feels his heart beat hard in his chest once the door was open. There were bright lights everywhere, empty bottles on the floor, people getting into fist fights, and nobody seemed to care about it! Stan took in a heavy swallow, his eyes going wide with a sense of fear.

"Scared?" Kyley asks with a concerned tone. "Don't you worry. I got ya," The redhead smiles, wrapping an arm around Stan's shoulders and brings him in close.

"...," For once, out of fear, the ravenette wraps his arms around the Jerseyite's waist and rests his head against his chest.