“We don’t want to impose. Tomorrow we’ll meet Young Master Ling in the Right Prime Minister’s house,” said Zhao Zheng.

The Right Prime Minister also came to himself and agreed with Zhao Zheng.

“Then let me have some men escort you back home, Your Lordships,” suggested Zhao Shen.

“That won’t be necessary. We have our own guards. Please just go back and tell Young Master Ling that we’re returning home,” said the Right Prime Minister.

“Okay, then. Have a safe trip home, Your Lordships,” said Zhao Shen.

After the Right Prime Minister and Zhao Zheng left, Zhao Shen went back inside and reported it to Ling Zhang.

“So they returned home. I see. You guys keep guarding the front gates.”

“Yes, Young Master Ling.”

Many eyes had been watching when the Right Prime Minister and Zhao Zheng had been talking with Zhao Shen in the gateway. Unfortunately for them, what with the long distance in between, they could only see them but couldn’t hear a word of the conversation.

Because of this, when these people returned to report it to their masters, their descriptions were rather sketchy.

Fang Quan’s face darkened after he heard the report of his scout. Then he sent some others to the Ling Mansion, who staked out the place for a whole day. Even so, it still took a lot of doing for him to get a vague idea that that was a kind of concealment formation.

“No wonder Yuwen Tong dared leave Ling Zhang in the capital alone. It turns out he’s made preparations some time ago.”

“I wonder what kind of formation it is exactly. It’s so eccentric.”

“We must find out. Otherwise I’d never be rid of the worry that it’ll bring us trouble.”

“How about we send someone to approach the Ling Mansion and see what happens?”

Fang Quan gave it some thought and then replied through gritted teeth, “We may do that, but currently our first priority is not to unravel the mystery about the Ling Mansion but to help my grandson ascend the throne!”

Meanwhile, Ling Zhang arrived at the residence of the collateral branch of the Yuwen family, accompanied by some bodyguards.

The residence was heavily guarded. On Ling Zhang’s arrival, Yuwen Chi personally walked outside to welcome him and brought him inside.

After consulting with Yuwen You and the others for two hours, Ling Zhang exited the study only to be startled by Yuwen Jin who was standing motionlessly right outside. “What are you standing here for?” Ling Zhang asked.

Yuwen Jin took two steps forward, grabbed Ling Zhang’s arm and drew him away from the study.

“What do you think you are doing, Yuwen Jin?!” bellowed Yuwen Chi from behind them.

Drawing Ling Zhang towards somewhere else, Yuwen Jin replied aloud, “I just want to have a word with Brother Zhang, Uncle! I’ll bring him back in a short while!”

“You brat!” Yuwen Chi bawled.

Ling Zhang gave him a wave, suggesting that it was okay. It was only then that Yuwen Chi subdued his urge to catch up with Yuwen Jin and beat him black and blue.

Looking at Yuwen Jin’s angry face, Ling Zhang was speechless for a moment, the corners of his mouth twitching. “What happened to you? You look so grumpy.”