157 - 159

C157: What Do I Need to Do to Make Young Master Happy?

“Uh… Ooh!”

In a quiet corner of the courier station, Zhao Pingchuan, propping himself with his left hand on the wall, bent from the waist and vomited, his face terrifyingly pale.

“What happened to Commander Zhao? Why is he barfing so badly?”

Many palace guards observed Zhao Pingchuan walk to the corner and, distantly, saw him throwing up so terribly like he would puke his guts out. All of them felt very surprised.

A bodyguard of Yuwen Tong’s walked out, contemptuously gave a sneer, and walked up to him while saying, “Commander Zhao, do you want a pill? Our medic made it by a secret formula. It’s a very effective treatment for vomiting.”

However, on hearing the voice of this man, Zhao Pingchuan vomited even worse.

Those palace guards were speechless with astonishment.

What’s going on? they wondered.

Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong, who happened to be standing by a window of a room on the second floor of the courier station, saw what was taking place down there.

“Didn’t Commander Zhao go to the room to bear witness to the interrogation? What happened to him? Did he eat bad food and upset his stomach?”

Yuwen Tong replied, “He probably just exposed himself to something too scary.”

“Something too scary?” Ling Zhang was surprised. “Did Xie Shi interrogate the assassin in a… scary way? Is it really scary enough to cause a man to throw up for so long?”

In fact, Ling Zhang had wanted to use the word “cruel” or “gory”, but after a brief moment’s thinking, he felt that it was somewhat inappropriate to use either of the two words to describe it.

“A living assassin will be of more use to us than a dead one. Should we go easier on him?” Ling Zhang continued.

Yao Yi broke in, “Rest assured, Young Master Ling, Xie Shi knows very well where the limit is and he never tortures anybody to death. Actually the assassin might not even have lost a single drop of his blood.”

Not even having lost a single drop of his blood? Then what was it that could possibly have been so scary as to cause Zhao Pingchuan to vomit so badly? Ling Zhang wondered.

“Zhao Pingchuan gets scared too easily,” observed Yuwen Tong.

Ling Zhang inclined his head approvingly, believing that this was probably the real reason. Who would have thought that he appears a tough hombre but is actually so cowardly?

“If only that assassin were also as much of a coward as Zhao Pingchuan is. He would have made a full confession some time ago provided that were the case.”

Yao Yi gave a soft cough but made no response.

Yuwen Tong twisted his head around, flicked a glance at him and warned him in a cold tone of voice, “Go and see if Xie Shi has got anything.”

“Yes, Marshal.” That glance sent chills down Yao Yi’s spine and he hurriedly left.

Downstairs, Zhao Pingchuan had already walked out of the corner. Although he was no longer vomiting, he seemed to have been drained of energy and was in a state of prostration, his face so pale that people worried he might pass out at any moment.

“Commander Zhao, how about you go back to your room and have some rest? We’ll get a physician here to offer you medical treatment.” The bodyguard who had offered to give Zhao Pingchuan a pill a while ago walked up to him.