223 - 225

C223: That Ling Zhang Guy Saved You?

They were just about to walk out of the woods when a riding instructor bringing some men with him arrived in haste. At first they were surprised at the sight of Ling Zhang and the others, and then as their eyes fell on Jiang Yu carried on a student’s back, their faces changed drastically and they all asked about what had happened.

A student gave them an account of the accident. Ling Zhang didn’t stay to listen but just directly left.

It was when that student got to the part about Ling Zhang that the others noticed his absence. All their faces grew somewhat unnatural.

The riding instructor said, “Go back right now. Someone has sent for a physician.”

The student carrying Jiang Yu on his back clenched his teeth and resumed walking forward. Fortunately, the riding instructor perceived that the student was running out of strength and carried Jiang Yu himself.

Jiang Yu on the riding instructor’s back saw Ling Zhang’s receding back in the distance, an inexplicable look on his face.

As Ling Zhang walked out, he found that most of those frenzied horses had been brought back under control, but a small number of them were lying on the ground—obviously they’d been directly killed.

Yuwen Jin and the others, on seeing him walk out, ran up and clustered around him all at once. Yuwen Jin asked, “Brother Zhang, just now it was so dangerous for you to rush in there. Are you hurt?”

Ling Zhang lightly swung his right arm. “I’m fine. Where’s that student?”

“He’s been transferred to a physician,” said Yuwen Jin.

“Brother Zhang, you killed a horse with a single palm strike back there. That’s so badass,” Yuwen Jin added.

“It’s nothing. I just have great strength.” However, right now his arm was aching dully. Having killed a frenzied galloping horse with a single palm strike twice in a row, he felt his right arm not only throbbing painfully but also trembling, but the tremble was not very noticeable, so Yuwen Jin and the others hadn’t observed it.

But not all of them were unobservant. As Zhao Jiusi’s eyes fell on Ling Zhang’s right arm, a knowing look appeared in his eyes. He urged, “Don’t just stand here. Go back straight away and see a physician.”

Yuwen Jin agreed, “Yeah, yeah. You should let the physician examine you, to be on the safe side.”

There were a lot of injured students, but most of them had merely suffered minor traumas. Only two had been rather seriously wounded: the one who had been dragged by a horse, and Jiang Yu.

It was impossible to keep news of Ling Zhang rescuing Jiang Yu from coming to more people’s knowledge, but most students, on hearing that Ling Zhang had killed a horse with a single palm strike, had a shocked and scared look on their faces. After all, even their riding instructors were not powerful enough to do such a thing.

Of course, there were also a few inharmonious voices…

“Jiang Yu’s horse was from the Western Regions and of a well known breed. His grandfather specially bought it and gave it to him as a birthday present, but Ling Zhang struck it to death just like that? Isn’t he too cocky?”

The speaker was Zuo Yuanping, whose face was full of indignation, as if Ling Zhang had just killed one of his relatives.

Yuwen Jin and the others were not happy to hear this, the former rolling up his sleeves with the intention to beat him up.