250 - 252

C250: The Taibai Tavern Was the Bane of Us?

This dangerous situation reduced all others to screaming with horror. Jiang Yu swiveled his head aside to look at it but lost his balance, staggered and then toppled towards the tip of the blade.

Ling Zhang’s eyes went grim, flipped his wrist and hurled the saber in another direction. It went squarely into the room and with that an anguished screech was heard. Some unlucky guy in there was hit. Ling Zhang didn’t bother to find out who the victim was, believing that all those people deserved it. Jiang Yu, however, instinctively grabbed Ling Zhang as he realized he was falling over to the floor. Ling Zhang also tottered at the pull and then toppled over.

“Young Master!” “Brother Zhang!”

“Jiang Yu!”

With a thud, Ling Zhang and Jiang Yu landed together, Jiang Yu on the floor, and Ling Zhang, accidentally, on Jiang Yu. To make things worse, because of the inertia, Ling Zhang abruptly bumped his chin on Jiang Yu’s shoulder, and the sharp pain stupefied him for a moment.

Jiang Yu’s shoulder also ached terribly due to the hit. He subconsciously looked aside but the moment he twisted his head, his lips brushed past something warm and soft, leaving him transfixed on the spot.

That bump was so painful that Ling Zhang failed to feel Jiang Yu accidentally kiss his ear lobe and cheek. He propped himself up on one hand in an effort to get to his feet.

Fortunately, the others had got over their shock at this moment and hurriedly helped Ling Zhang get off Jiang Yu.

Ling Zhang carefully held his lower jaw, gave a shake of his head and finally got his mind out of the stupefaction caused by the great pain.

Jiang Yu had also been heaved to his feet by his friends, a peculiar expression on his face. As it had happened in such a sudden manner, nobody had noticed that small detail. He flicked a glance at Ling Zhang who was shaking his head, he briefly tucked his lips in and with that something occurred to him and he hurriedly loosened them. Then he raised his hand with the intention to wipe them, but felt that it might have the opposite effect, so he stiffly put his hand down.

“Are you okay?” someone standing beside him asked.

Miao Shiba examined Ling Zhang and looked at his chin. “Did you hurt your mouth with your teeth just now?”

Ling Zhang shook his head. “No.”

Miao Shiba said, “Then you’ll be okay after the pain ebb away.”

Yuwen Jin also checked Ling Zhang’s hand. “Brother Zhang, did you get hurt by that saber?”

“No. It was the hilt that I grabbed.”

“Which one of you threw that saber just now? You want to die?!” At this moment, two bands of men walked out of the room, all looking ferocious. One of them had a wound in his shoulder, which clearly had been caused by the saber that Ling Zhang had just thrown inside. These people were here to find the one responsible and settle the score.

Ling Zhang’s eyes instantly went cold. These people had the nerve to come here and bluster?

The noises on this floor was so loud that soon people of the Taibai Tavern arrived. At the sight of Ling Zhang and the others, the taverner respectfully hastened over and said, “May I ask what happened here, Young Masters?”

Yuwen Jin had been glaring at those men all along. “These people were fighting and yelling here. We almost got hurt by a saber of theirs when walking by. Inform the garrison patrol. These guys gathered a crowd, made disturbances and hurt Brother Zhang. On no account will we let them get away with it.”