313 - 315

C313: Intentions of the Other Sides

After attentively hearing the man out, Zhao Zheng lapsed into a thoughtful silence.

The Right Prime Minister, however, felt that this matter was so odd. It had been immediately after he left the Ling Mansion that those bizarre changes happened, so he couldn’t help but wonder about the reason. Confucius never talked about anything paranormal. Surely it hadn’t been some kind of psychic phenomenon that his men saw in broad daylight?

“Hurry. Get the carriage ready. I want to go and see it myself.” The Right Prime Minister rose to his feet and started making towards the door.

He must not let anything happen to Ling Zhang. Otherwise there would be unimaginably dire consequences.

At this moment, Zhao Zheng jerked out of his rumination, stood up and said, “Relax. I once heard that there are some peculiar concealment formations which could keep objects and people from being seen. These sudden changes that happened to the Ling Mansion sound somewhat similar to a situation I once heard of. I’ll go there with you to take a look. In all likelihood, the Ling Mansion should’ve been hidden by a formation.”

“A formation?” The Right Prime Minister was dubious. “There are actually formations in this world that could make that happen?”

The two of them hastened to the outside of the Ling Mansion only to see that the front gates of it was indeed gone, replaced by a wall.

“Thi-This is…” The Right Prime Minister was shocked. Had he not seen it with his own eyes, he really wouldn’t have been able to believe that this was actually happening!

“Your Lordships, may I ask if it’s because of something urgent that you came here in haste?”

All of a sudden, the air in front of them rippled like the surface of the water and with that a man walked out of the void as if by magic. The Right Prime Minister cocked an eye at it and recognized him. It was the very guard who had been on duty at the front gates and led him into the Ling Mansion this morning.

For a long moment, the Right Prime Minister was unable to speak. Zhao Zheng also appeared quite astounded. “You…”

Zhao Shen looked over his shoulder at the Ling Mansion. In the knowledge that the two of them were startled, he raised his hand to scratch his head and then said, “There’s no need for you to panic, Your Lordships. It’s just a concealment formation.”

Formation? It was really a formation. Such divine formations actually did exist in this world? The Right Prime Minister’s perception of the world was thrown into a spin.

“We-We hurried over because we received a message and were worried that some accident had happened in the Ling Mansion,” said Zhao Zheng after managing to calm down.

Zhao Shen responded, “Don’t concern yourselves, Your Lordships. This is a formation deployed by Young Master Ling’s grandfather who is a wonder. It conceals the front gates of this compound. On top of that, the outer walls you see are not necessarily real. People who dare approach without permission would not only get lost in the formation but also might be hurt by the defensive mechanism in it.”

“I see.” Zhao Zheng exhaled deeply. Having mostly regained his composure, he observed, “It seems that Young Master Ling is under the protection of a formation master and nothing could harm him.”

Zhao Shen gave a smile. The reason why he had simply explained it to these two courtiers just now was because Ling Zhang, in order to spare them the worry and fear, had instructed him. As regards to the details, he had no inclination to disclose any. “Would you like to go inside, Your Lordships?”