Marinette x Insomniac! Male! Reader

[Hey guys it's been a while I've missed all of you while I've taken a break from writing but I'm going to try and write again so if you have requests that I never completed please remind me. Requested by Sky-BetaMax <3]

[Your POV]

I rest my head on the palm of my hand dozing in and out of consciousness as the teacher goes on and on about plays and literature. "Perhaps Mister L/n, can tell you all about the great William Shakespeare since he thinks the best use of all of our valuable time is to sleep." The teacher loudly spoke as I sat up straight looking around dazed.

Other kids in the class snicker and laugh amongst themselves as a certain pigtailed beauty looks to me with worry in her eyes. "I'm sorry miss it won't happen again." I say softly looking down at my desk discouraged and embarrassed.

She nods and turns back to the book she was reading from. I look around and make eye contact with Marinette who still looking at me with concern in her eyes and I just look back down to my shoes.

After what feels like hours of listening to the teacher drone on about the boring book the bell finally rings. I sigh in relief packing my stuff and walking out quickly to me and Maris lunch spot.

I sit on the bench and rub my eyes in exhaustion as I lay my head back against the stone wall behind me. "Y/n?" I hear a small voice and I look up quickly to see Marinette standing in front of me, and I give my best smile.

"Hey blue bell. I thought you were going to eat with Alya today?" I ask looking over to see the burnette in question sitting with her boyfriend.

"I really wanted to eat with you today, and talk." She said sitting next to me on the bench grabbing my hand.

"Y/n is there something going on? Are you okay? You're falling asleep in class more than usual and I swear those bags under your eyes are getting worse." She said examining my eyes.

How do you tell your girlfriend who you found out was ladybug purely on accident, that you've had constant nightmares about her leaving you or Hawkmoth taking her away.

You don't. "Nothings wrong." I bluff as I give her my best smile softly placing a hand on her cheek.

"I've just been studying a little more than usual so I guess I'm just tired I promise everythings okay, thanks for caring though." I place a gentle kiss on her hand as I look up at her and she pulls her hand away looking at me sadly.

"Your lying." She plainly states as she grips onto the fabric of her pants tightly. "I know when your lying so why not just tell the truth." I look at her defeated as she holds my hand again.

I just lay back on the bench looking at her and smile. "I haven't been able to sleep lately. I ha- I have this reoccurring nightmare every time I close my eyes. You leave me and- I end up all alone." I whisper my voice cracking lightly as I remember all the terrible things.

"Y/n look at me." She says placing her hand on my cheek and making me look at her. "I will never leave you, because I love you too much to not be with you." She leans in closer giving me a soft kiss on the cheek and smiling at me.

"Hey I have an idea why don't we have a sleepover at my house." Mari said perking up as she gave me an expectant look. I just sigh and smile giving into her loving embrace. "Sounds fun." I say giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

The bell rings loudly throughout the halls as everyone starts heading towards their class. "I'll see you later." Marinette stands up pulling me with her and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before heading off to class.

*TIMESKIP*

"Hey cutie." I hear from behind me and look over to see Lila walking over to me smiling. "What do you want Lila?" I ask annoyed as I close my locker, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"Well I was just wondering if you wanted to catch dinner sometime." She said innocently smiling at me. I throw up in my mouth as I just walk past her with a firm no.

"Y/n hey what took you so long?" I look up to see Marinette waiting for me by the schools entrance, and I just wrap my arms around her waist. "Lila tried flirting with me, disgusting honestly." I kiss her head as we walk to her house.

I hold her hand as we make our way towards the bakery, and she tells me about her day. I smile looking down on her as she talks, she looks so perfect. The way the sun hits her face, and reflect her blue eyes perfectly, and her hair frames her face.

"Y/n." My girlfriend calls my name pulling me out of my trance and I look up to see we're in front of the bakery. "You ok?" She asked looking at me with worry once again.

"Yeah you just look beautiful." I smile pushing a loose hair behind her ear and kissing her red cheeks. "Lets go." I say pulling her inside the warmth of the bakery to the smiling faces of her parents.

"Y/n, nice to see you back here again." Mari's father said pulling me in for a bear hug letting out a loud laugh. "It's been awhile." Mari's mom said patting my head and I just nod.

"Hey darling what's wrong with those bags under your eyes, there getting darker." Mari's mom said grabbing my face examining my eyes. "I haven't been getting a lot of sleep." I nervously laugh pulling the small woman's hands away.

"Me and Mari are just going to hang out and study if that's okay." I say pulling away grabbing my girlfriends hand as her parents look at us in awe.

They nod and we start making our way upstairs and I can't help but look at Marinette and realize how lucky I am to have an amazing girlfriend, with cool parents. Marinette cares about me so much and it just warms my heart to know that I have the best girlfriend in the entire world.

We reach her room and she immediately plops down on her bed letting out a long exaggerated sigh. "This bed is so comfortable I never wat to move." She groans as she shuffles around finding the perfect spot.

I can't help but chuckle at her cute behavior and place my bag down next to hers. "Y/nnnnnn." She says dragging my name out as she holds her hands out towards me with a cute pouty face.

"I'm cold." She whines looking at me with big puppy dog eyes. I laugh once more and walk over laying myself on top of her. "Better?" I ask as she wraps her arms around me and I lays my head on her chest, letting out a satisfied sigh.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" She asks as I feel my head vibrate as she talks I just nod feeling too comfortable to talk right now. "And you know that I'll never leave you?" This time she starts running her fingers through my hair and I slowly melt in her arms.

I nod again felling my eyes getting heavier, for the first time in months I feel so comfortable and completely safe knowing my girlfriend is right here and safe in my arms. "You will always be the love of my life." She whispers as I let myself finally shut down and close my eyes while Mari holds me.

I lay there slowly drowning out everything around me as it all goes black, but I can still hear one thing. Marinette's heart beat. It's at a calm steady pace, I can't help but feel relieved by the soothing noise.

I know she's safe, so I am too.

Bonus

I jump up to the flash of a bright light and look up to see Marinette's mom and dad standing there camera in hand. "I told you to turn off the flash." They start whisper arguing as they run out of the room.

I laugh it off and lie back down with my sleeping girlfriend.

[Sorry ik it was short but I hope you liked it <33]