🥀EPILOGUE 🥀

EPILOGUE;

PETE

Dark. That's the only sight I could see. The whole place was dark, every corner and inch of it. I'm not certainly confident where I've been brought too or this is just one of my nightmares again, but I was certain that this place wasn't the real universe. The cold breezes kept hitting my body intentionally from behind, like they wanted to show me something important. Unwilling and afraid, I tilted my body behind me, just for I to witness some jail box, with a lonely kid inside. The only light that was definitely defined was in the kid's place. No specific light in my surroundings, just there in one place. I was far away from the child. Far enough that the light was slightly fading in my sight. I couldn't specifically see the child's face, considering that his posture was facing my back. In short, his back was facing me

Out of curiosity, I unexpectedly walked towards the kid's direction to satisfy my curious needs. Closer and closer, I felt relieved and at ease at the same time. It's like the child that I wanted to know was giving me comfort feelings and assurance that he's safe with me. I stopped in front of the jail box, opening the cellar, considering that It wasn't typically locked from outside. 

Sweaty hands, I opened it bravely, witnessing the child's lonely figure. He was staring in the middle of nowhere, with depressed expressions written along his face. Slowly, I walked towards the child's place and wasn't able to prepare from the kid's appearance. 

" Vegas " I muttered under my breath.

But what is he doing inside my dream?! I already forgot him before, so why?!
Is it happening again?! Am I literally crazy?! 

" P'Pete" A voice of a child called my name that Interrupted my frustrating thoughts.  

I flinched from my place before I eventually narrowed my small gaze at his little appearance. This version of Vegas was just a mere child so I guess he wouldn't hurt me like an adult Vegas. I suppose. 

I moved backwards when he stood up from his place, smiling genuinely at my presence. It was weird yet comforting. I couldn't believe that I was dreaming this little version of him, but I was also worried that Vegas would seriously invade my peaceful life. They said that if the person appears in your dream, That person wants to see you. 

" P'Pete, can you go with me somewhere?" He politely asked, pleading like a child. Well he was a child, Pete, you dumb! 

First of all, why would I? Second, even though this was just a little version of my brother, it doesn't mean he couldn't hurt me! Third—

I was then again disturbed in my thoughts when this little kid grabbed my rough hands, placing his palm on mine while reassuring me of some safety feelings like he just did earlier. This little guy looked innocently pure inside and outside of his personality. Of course he is the little version of my brother. Just clueless and lurking in this dangerous universe when he was still alive. 

Hesitant, I followed my instinct and I let this little Vegas drag me somewhere where obviously god knows where we'll go. Unaware, little Vegas was staring at those one directions whilst holding my hand comfortably and walking with an unfathomable surroundings. It's like we just kept walking around without any certain destination from this dark place. As I tilted my gaze at him, he didn't seem bothered and sincerely smiled but his gaze still didn't move from that one place. Rambling thoughts, I spared a glance from the other place where my brother eventually smiled. I finally decipher why he did those.

There, a white acacia door was welcoming our presence, but I still couldn't figure out if the door was locked since we're still walking closer from its place. I was startled by his sudden actions when he Immediately ran towards the door, while tightly drawing my hands from his palm, Unwilling to let it go. I didn't have any choice but to copy him and my feets started to run on their own.