Chapter 14; Sudden change of heart?

Chapter 14

The droplets of tears kept pouring on his back, making Pete's eyes perplexed from his position. He wanted to tilt his head from side to side to at least check his crying brother's condition , yet there's a side of him stopping himself to take pity from this guy. Pete thinks that he doesn't deserve his kindness at all. He'll just let his brother cry behind his back. Maybe that's enough sympathy.

The tears kept dripping from his back but Pete just let it slide today, because he knew that Vegas would become furious if he dared to interrupt.

" I love you, Pete. Please love me back " Vegas suddenly spoke, and the gloomy tone on his voice was visible. Pete heard it but decided to ignore those bullshit confessions again. You can't tell a person to love you back, It's pathetic. He leisurely realizes that Vegas kept telling him those words every single day and he can't help but to frown every single time. It was useless. The traumatizing past can't be changed neither the future. Vegas needs to accept the fact that Pete won't eventually return his feelings. It's the truth that he needs to abide by.

Pete didn't speak further slowly closing his eyes, distracting himself from the reality. For now, he needs to focus on his own without any disturbance from the real-life situations. But Vegas' stubbornness was getting worse. He then again repeated " I Know you're not asleep yet, Pete. Can't you at least reply for once? Your silence were suffocating me. Please let me hear your voice?"

Vegas waited for an answer, but as he assumed, Pete didn't reply to his question. Pete thought that Vegas would punish him for not answering, but he was awfully then again becomes confused when Vegas just pressed his head behind his drenched back without any malicious intention being defined. Pete finds it really odd. This is not the Vegas that knew. The Vegas that he knew was indeed a sociopath, Cruel and narcissistic bastard. The one who almost killed him and his ex lover. The one who raped and torture him countless times. The one who abused his connection and mistaken his love as true love. That's the Vegas that he always knew all along. But now, the Vegas that was sleeping behind him was another version of him. Pete knows that Vegas can be an asshole most of the time, but today was perfectly different. He sees the vulnerability side of his psycho brother. Goosebumps start to form on his body, Imagining those. Vegas is crying? His brother who had no sympathy for others?! No way! It can't be.

He felt uncomfortable with a hand around his waist, so Pete didn't waste the chance to slowly wriggle those heavy arms circling his body. But Vegas felt it. He felt someone shaking his arms from time to time so he Immediately pulled the guy towards his chest, pressing Pete's back along his. On the other hand, the shocked latter was still trying to process what had just happened. Instead of releasing himself from Vegas' grip, Vegas hugged him more, which made Pete's ear blush in red. He shouldn't be acting like this. This is a normal body reaction. Pete thought.

Pete was annoyingly pissed, " One minute already ended " He reminded.

A minute of silence was heard and Pete assumed that Vegas might be sleeping. Pete thought that it was unfair. Vegas will sleep comfortably along his, While him, suffering from those tight hugs that he really doesn't need at all.

" You're warm " Vegas replied, making Pete flinch in shock.

" Let go " Pete ordered for the second time. With an unconvinced reaction from Vegas, His grip became loose from the older guy's body and his hand was no longer hugging his favorite brother. It was under his rule to obey his brother's order but it doesn't really hurt his pride to obey his brother's favor for once.

" I'm sorry " Vegas whispered, sincerely apologizing. But, little did he know his brother was already in its deep slumber, not even hearing him apologize. Vegas thinks it's funny. The realization always hits him that Pete can always fall asleep without his presence. It's like Pete didn't really need him at all. Tears start to form in his eyes again, slowly losing hope that his brother will eventually like him back.