Chapter 22; Meetings for the week

Chapter 22

" Are you ready, Pete?" His father asked, assuring his son's confidence.

" I am Pa" He replied but there was a
slight nervousness coming from his trembling voice.

" It's ok, Everything will go smoothly just like how we planned it"

I hope so. Pete thought.

Pete didn't reply casually as he just nodded from his father's statement. He himself was also perturbed by the fact that he'll meet his brother today and will also hear and see its creepy voice. He wanted to refuse the plan before but if he didn't end it today then who will besides himself?

Pete went to his parents house where he actually also lived before. He was dressed neatly, just like how people dress themselves, normally. The two adults were busy preparing for the plan that all of them need to succeed so that the nightmare that's been bothering them for almost a week will vanish quickly from their life.

" Pete, did you enter the backdoor from the kitchen?" Her mother asked, holding some plates from her precious hand.

" No I didn't, I entered from the entrance" He replied, confusedly scratching his nape.

M–maybe Arm did? Pete thinks.

" It's fine, Probably the strong breezes earlier. You can continue your doings son" She genuinely smiled, leaving Pete from the dining table.

He felt somehow uneasy about their surroundings, feeling that he's being watched by someone, making every inch of his hair from his skin stand up. He looked around him, suspecting some suspicious person that he could ever catch, Unfortunately he found nothing but his unanswered questions.

A knock on the door snapped Pete's thought, making his body flinch from the sudden noise coming outside. He could see his parents were busy with their own task and eventually didn't have any choice but to open the door to know the person behind those. Slowly, he walked closer to the door but before he could even proceed, Arm's presence vanished from his sight. He peaked from their big windows, hoping he could find his friend's figure but he didn't see any shadow coming outside their property.

Momentarily, the knock became louder and Pete was disturbed again by the loud noise.

Her mother heard those booming sounds, narrowing his gaze from the massive door. " Pete, kindly open the door please" She ordered, busy preparing with the food.

Pete obliged but obviously no response from her mother statements. Soon, he leisurely opened the door and instantly froze from his place, not breaking contact with the doorknob. There the man was seen smirking nonchalantly from his spot, grinning like a maniac who actually knew that Pete was his prize for his own benefits.

" It's been a long time, Pete" Vegas greeted, trying his best to stay calm even though his expression was eager to kidnap his brother there and then.

Pete stumbled backwards from the abrupt presence of his brother even though he actually expected its appearance for today's week. Maybe his heart and soul was ready for the upcoming schemes but he didn't technically prepare his consciousness and the must do expression on how he will react towards Vegas' semblance.

" Y– yeah…it's been a long time," Pete stuttered, and sweat started to dribble beside his cheeks.

Vegas lets out a low chuckle, by the fact that Pete was getting tense from his mere appearance.  He didn't actually start his acts yet his brother was troubled about him. Vegas feels offended by those reactions somehow…