Chapter 21; Until Tomorrow comes

Chapter 21

" Pete!" Arm yelled inside, making Pete slightly flinched from his position. Arm directly walked towards his direction, checking the latter's state, worriedly.

" What happened? What did Vegas did to you?"

" What? I mean, What do you mean? Vegas? Why would he be here?!"

Arm didn't answer his questions, proceeding to ask furthermore information. " What about the plates? Why did I hear some cracks inside?"

" Wait, wait, wait---Are you saying Vegas already knew my location?! What the hell is happening Arm " Pete's body starts to tremble like someone did pour some ice from his cold figure. His face turned horror, even though he wasn't certain that Vegas already knew his location.

" No, it's not like that Pete. I thought something happened inside that's why I was worried sick" He eventually lied not wanting to scare the terrified latter more.

" I thought you already left," He confessed, suspecting the person in front of him. " I did, but your dad suddenly called me and that's when I heard the noise inside" He lied again.

" Pa? Why did pa call you? Did something bad happen to my mother?!" Pete panicked, brushing his hair upwards from the back. His body was almost collapsing from the ground if Arm didn't support his body from its hand.

" No, no, Pete, It's not like that. He just sent me his deepest gratitude, grateful that I saved you" He lied.

Pete momentarily calmed down hearing the good news. He sat from the chair beside him, sighing heavily while thinking deeply thoughts.

Arm asked him, " What happened to the plates? I mean, I was worried about you so what makes you startled that you dropped it?"

" Oh... that!  I was actually washing the dish and my hands was slippery you know because of soap that's why it slide from my hands and actually break " He detailedly explained, smiling foolishly like nothing happened.

" It's not funny, Pete. I was hella worried about what might happen to you inside, Please be careful next time" Pete blinked his eyes twice as to why Arm was getting worked up by nothing. He's being suspicious somehow...

" Yeah...sure..."

" Are you hurt somewhere?"

" No, I'm fine," He admit, smiling genuinely.

" So... aren't you leaving yet? I'm afraid that your unfinished matter would fail"

" I'm already late so even if I attend, it's pointless. I'd rather stay here with you right?"

" Wait! I'm not some kind of teen that needs to be taken care of! It's fine you can do your things and I'll do mine" Pete was still speaking neither explaining himself when he saw the man, finding a place that he could eventually sleep.

" The couch is nice though...I'll sleep in here"

" Hey! Wait a second, I didn't give you any permission to sleepover! That's cheating!" Pete gently slapped the guy's chest, regards of embarrassment and annoyance that is mixing his feelings.

" It's fine, Pete. I'm the one who's incharge this day so I will do what I want even you oppose me to do so"

" And who told you that?" He raised his eyebrows playfully, challenging the person in front. " I didn't agree with that so-called Incharge or whatever of yours?"