Chapter 28; Vegas appearance?!

Chapter 28

Pete was dumbfounded, hearing the officer's confession. It seems like he can't literally process what's happening this instant. He felt his hands trembling, by the fact that the officer just said to him, His brother Vegas was dead years ago.

" What are you saying sir? Vegas just kidnapped me last night! He died a years ago? That's some kind of bullshit!" Pete insisted, shaking his head unbelievably. Still, he doesn't believe those words. He was convincing himself to the core that Vegas wasn't dead yet, But the people's expression around him was telling the opposite.

" Vegas, He's not dead right? Is this some kind of trap?" Pete desperately hoped, but the atmosphere inside the room was literally different. " No! No! It can't be! H–he's not dead, please, I swear I just met him last night"  

" I'm sorry Mr. Pongsakorn, But your brother was already dead since the incident happened" The detective then again reminded, simply convincing Pete to accept the truth.

" Don't you remember me? I'm the detective who investigates your brother's case. The hit and run accident about the truck?"

" W–what?" Pete spared a look from the detective but Immediately broke those gazes. " But Arm! Arm knows Vegas, He was there with me all the time! You can ask him" Pete said to the officer, before he caught the two making eye contact with each other. They seems serious as hell

" Doctor Arm? Sure, maybe he'll tell you everything"

" Arm isn't a doctor! He's not a person who cures another person! He works for a company " Pete protested, telling the detective almost numerous times.

He doesn't answer and just merely leaves the witness inside the room, replaced with Arm's presence behind his back.

" Arm, Oh god thank you! Please tell them that Vegas is not dead yet! Tell them that you actually witnessed him with your own eyes!" Pete instructed, holding the doctor's palm, desperately.

" They might think that I'm crazy if you didn't confessed "

" Pete" Arm called seriously, sighing heavily from his place. He gave an apologetic look from Pete's spot before proceeding himself to sit on the chair, facing Pete's already confused expression.

" Please tell them" Pete pleaded, with tears forming on his eyes, streaming freely down his cheeks.

" Pete, please just listen to me" Arm returned a gentle smile, pursuing Pete to trust his ego. Pete eventually sniffed his nose, allowing Arm to continue his words.

Moments of silence were heard with the rattling sounds of cuffs, considering that Pete was being nervous to hear the truth.

" Don't you remember me?" Arm asked Pete, who's already aware of his unsecure surroundings.

" Why does everybody ask me that? I remember you but I didn't remember the detective" He irritatingly replied, together with tears that were falling through his chin.

" If you do remember me, then what's my name?" The doctor asked, hoping for some miraculous answer towards Pete.

" Arm! Your name is Arm right?!"

" That's right my name is Arm. But, do you remember the first time we met?" The doctor continued to ask.

" Highschool maybe? Or was it in the café…" Pete tried to remember, but his brain couldn't eventually recall the past.

" Unfortunately, your answer was wrong, Pete. We met inside the hospital and honestly, I'm  your psychiatrist " He straightforwardly admitted, leaving Pete stunned from his position.

" Psychiatrist? For what, Arm?! I'm not crazy! I'm not sick! I–I don't need some medical therapy" Pete stood up from his place, and was fuming mad as to why everybody was acting weird lately. This can't be happening. Pete thought, panicky.

" I know this might sound crazy Pete, but I am your psychiatrist who eventually knew every detailed information about you. You can't blame me, that's my job"

=•••=

It was already our break in my calculations, and I was patiently waiting for my coffee to be served in this café area. It was located near the police station so I guess everything will go smoothly If I return inside as soon as possible. I don't actually work for the police, I'm just a doctor who's just doing its job to cure a patient. It was extremely exhausting to be a licensed psychiatrist but still, it's worth the time.

" Here's your coffee sir" One of the waitresses smiled at me, giving me my hot americano coffee. I returned the smile and went to the cashier to pay for my drinks.

Soon, I left the café with a genuine smile painted on my face, considering that I was glad to have my coffee after an exhaustive afternoon work. Drinking coffee was nice though, caffeine is bad but hell I need it to keep my mind busy.

I stepped inside the police station, God knows why I was here. Some of the detective's convinced me that  I was somehow needed here even though I insisted that I wasn't free. But damn, those goddamn police officers were brazen enough to convince my presence, just right in front of here. I hate it here yet I don't have any choice.

Sighing, I proceed to walk from the corridor, waiting for my colleague to accompany me outside. I think his other friend was a professional psychiatrist in my workplace and suggested my appearance for his friend's mission to succeed. He said that every structure and detail on my face was indeed similar to the patient's brother; what's more creepy is that our names matched from his deceased siblings. Hearing those made my skin shiver in cold but I myself was also a doctor so I technically understand the patient's trauma.

Finding my friend, I spotted some chaotic scenario right in front of my eyes. Some detectives were holding a tight grip from the man's body, like they were somehow preventing the guy from running away. The guy kept pushing their bodies off, he even punched one of the officers for his attempts to succeed. Soon, The detective lost their control over him, while the guy triumphantly escaped from the officer's hand.

I was stunned when the guy started running from my place, with an incomprehensible smile written along his face. It's like he somehow wins his victory against me and I felt used then and there. He stopped, catching his breath for his dear life while I confusedly stared at him in my position.

" Vegas! I knew you were alive! You fucking asshole, I thought you were dead"

I can't typically process anything as to why this man started to curse my existence, even though I just got here minutes ago. And dead? What does he mean by dead?

I am Vegas and I'm not dead

=•••=

A/N; Hello my dear readers!! Sorry this chapter was late but still, I tried my best to publish this even though I wasn't feeling very well lately and I hope I didn't confused some of you regarding this chapter:))

Anyways, Vegas is alive? How and why? Since when? Any thoughts?

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!!