Chapter 18; Escaped

Chapter 18

" Arm "

Pete was stunned to see his ex-lover, in front of him. In fact, it doesn't make sense at all. Did Vegas hire Arm to clean this apartment? Is his brother really that stupid?

" W–what are you doing here?" Pete took those chances to ask the man in front of him.

" I'm here to save you Pete. I know that Vegas has been keeping you captivated since that incident happened" Slowly, Arm lower his head, signs of guilt was being defined.

" I'm extremely sorry for what happened that night. I–I couldn't do anything to save you" He continued, rubbing his palm from anxiousness.

" It's not your fault. You're also weak like me at that time so we couldn't do anything. It already happened, Arm. L–let's just forget it"

" I apologize Pete, really " Arm added, making Pete even more confused by his emotions of anger, guilt, or sadness.

It's not easy to forgive but Pete knew which and whose fault it was. Vegas of course. His brother. Maybe brother is not a good term to define it.

" Arm," Pete called. "C–can you find something that will break this chain? It's kinda itchy and irritating"

Soon, Arm finds a key that can swift through the chain to at least unlock those from Pete's ankle. He pushed it through the hole and miraculously, the chain unlocked from Pete's ankle.

Even Pete himself was shocked from his position. He can't believe that he can finally be freed from this living hell. And, all of those were credits to his ex-lover.

He can't believe that Arm really fulfilled those promises that he made.

" You remember?" Pete asked genuinely.

" How can I forget Pete? You're special to me." Arm paused. " I almost lose my mind when Vegas captured you and your parents was freaking anxious for not knowing it "

" T—they didn't know?" Pete's eyes widened in shock, hearing the statement.

" I supposed, 'cause I always heard some rumors about them going crazy just to find you" He seriously replied.

" But, Vegas?"

" You mean your psycho brother? He manipulated them from what I heard. He said that you run away from home 'cause you're grown enough to make your own living" Arm continued to explain.

" Did they believe it?"

" No they didn't. Your brother didn't succeed in deceiving them. That's why I'm here for you, Pete. Your parents just recently knew after you being captivated for months"

" And now, we're getting out of here, this instant"

Arm finds some shoes that Pete can wear, for their attempt to escape. He also grabbed a piece of hat and a jacket, for Pete to use in his disguise. After finishing, Arm gently dragged Pete by his palm, luring him from the main door.

They were about to leave when Pete abruptly stopped from his motion.

Arm narrowed his gaze from him, " What's wrong, Pete?"

Pete looked at him as if he was undecided. He wasn't sure if doing all of this was really right. Pete felt something that he shouldn't have been in the first place. He felt something odd, as to why Vegas was letting this slide off. He's escaping to be honest! and Vegas was confident enough that he'll eventually win from this situation.