Chapter 26; Buried memories of past

Chapter 26

FLASHBACK;

CURRENT YEAR; 2022

THE INCIDENT HAPPENED; April, 23, 2010; FRIDAY AT 11;45 [ ALMOST MIDNIGHT]

[12 YEARS AGO]

Loud argument of two parents, with an innocent child behind their backs. The boy was playing with his phone while watching his parents' arguments for the third time on his birthday. He always witnessed the two adults fighting about finances, every time they met each other's presence. But despite those fights, Pete loves his parents more than his own. His parents think the same, but Pete was still unconvinced by those truths, sometimes.

" Do you really need to work even though it's your son's birthday?" She argued, with an irritating tone.

" What can I do?! I'm doing my best for our family! We need money  and food for us to live, I could've just celebrate with him tomorrow!" He stated, turning the car from another direction.

The car was moving intensely, but none of the two adults cared about the car's situation. Pete closed his eyes, hugged his knees for his own security, without the help of his own parents. He looked outside the window,  watching the stars appear one by one from the sky, wishing that he was one of those lucky stars, just existing without any problems.

" Can't you just make time for him at least once?! I also cared about our family but what about Pete?! Did you ever care about his happiness?!"

" My boy is 13 years old, I'm sure he'll understand it Rachel, don't be so dramatic" Pete's father reminded.

" You know what, I don't think this fight will ever end! Stop the car" The woman requested, but the father didn't budge from his position. She waited until the man will lowered his pride but he didn't see any guilt showing from its expression.

" I said stop the car!" She insisted, snatching the wheel from the man, until the car lost its balance, wriggling from any direction,  yellowish light came from the side, making the car move forward with an intense force.

The impact was harsh, everything went dark, the car was flying in the mid air, tumbling continuously until it reached somewhere far, far away to be said that the damage was devastating.

The three people were unconscious for the meantime, but no assurance that they're still alive.

=•••=

SUNRISE ORPHANAGE

DAY; JANUARY 24, 2013; THURSDAY

DAY OF ADOPTION

" Please sign this paper to complete the adoption, ma'am, sir" The woman requested, smiling genuinely from the two adults.

They happily signed the contract, before meeting the boy that somehow caught their attention because of its pure soul and innocent charm. Pete was smiling, together with the kids who wanted his attention. He was happy and sad at the same time because he was now leaving from his temporary home, together with his adoptive parents.

" Pete is such an optimistic boy," One of the nuns admitted.

" He truly is. The first time I stepped in this property, Pete's personality caught our attention. I think he'll be a good brother and son for the both of us" She stated, leaning her head from his husband's arm.

" But you know, behind those smiles was agonizingly painful " The nun's smile suddenly vanished and was replaced by a sad expression. " He lost his parents at the age of 13, and he was brought here with mental Illness saying because of his loss from his parents. I can't imagine the boy's trauma but still, I'm amazed that Pete managed to be strong, burying those painful truths from his hearts"

" You see, I'm very glad that you chose Pete to be one of the luckiest kids today. I'm sure he was also very happy to have you" The nun assured, leaving the adults on their own.

Pete's adoptive parents smiled, hearing the nun's statement because they themselves were also happy to claim Pete as their own son.

=•••=

FUNERAL OF BELOVED

DAY; SEPTEMBER, 09, 2017; SATURDAY

All people were dressed in black suits, some were dressed, and some were also wearing casual clothes. It was raining cats and dogs, waters kept pouring heavily from above, sobs and cries were heard from the unexpected event mourning sadly for the said dead.

" I'm sorry for your loss" One of the guests expressed her deepest condolences to the two adults. The adults could only nod from the guest's condolences because even in their minds it wasn't sane, they couldn't accept the fact that their son died. It was devastating for them to accept those truths, the fact that they need to adjust from the reality extremely hurts.

The helpless boy stands in the corner, crying and sobbing for his dead brother. He was continuously blaming himself for the boy's death, and couldn't accept the fact that he should've been dead, not his poor sibling.

=•••=

A/N; Hello my dear readers!! Confused? Well, The plot was really confusing but I assure you it's worth it to read ;DD

Who's dead?!! Any thoughts?!

Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter and thank you for reading!!