Chapter 6: Cornered mouse

Chapter 6

PETE

Mother and Father came back without knowing what happened between us while they were gone. I stayed silent and behaved because even if I explained or expressed myself no one would believe me.

I wanted to get out in this living hell

All of us sat at the dining table eating peacefully when I finally decided to broke off the silence.

" I think I should move out....Mom and Dad" I said bowing my head in front of them.

" Why Pete Darling? Are you uncomfortable here?" Mother asked worriedly.

" It's not like that Mom...It's just that my workplace is far from here and I always become late because of it" I made up my excuses but in fact it's just that I can't bear to see my younger brother's presence. Vegas.

Vegas who seems unbothered kept eating like nothing happened. He didn't even protest which made my fear increases. It's weird but my other side says it also feel better that he didn't stopped me.

But something feels different

" Oh? Then if its that hard you should've just really find an apartment where your work is near from"

" I can help you with that," Mother then added.

" Thank you so much Mom" I smiled forcefully,continuing to eat my food.

" How about you Vegas? How's school?" Father asked seriously, that made mother and I stop eating.

Vegas continued to eat his food pretending he didn't hear dad's questions.

" Vegas!" Father yelled which made me and mother flinch a little.

I glanced at Vegas and I didn't expect I would catch his gaze on mine staring deeply. He then shrugged those gaze and looked up at father.

" I'm fine old man. I'm not a kid anymore so you don't need to worry" Vegas faked his smile on father before getting up and walking towards the stairs disrespectfully.

" I'm not done with you yet!" Father then again yelled but Vegas is now gone from our sight.

" That kid really! Stubborn as always"

Mother calmed father down. Meanwhile, I excuse myself and prepare to leave to go into my room.

Mother nodded at me so I took that as a yes and walked upstairs going into my room.

I was about to open my door when I felt a big hand covering my mouth that made me startled.

Vegas

Vegas then dragged me into his spacious room and Immediately closed the door. He pinned me against the wall and started to sniff my neck which causes my whole body shiver and goosebumps running all throughout my skin.

" What are you doing?!" I protested, pushing him hard that made him stumble a little.

" Chill brother. I'm just smelling your addictive scent" Vegas then replied.

" What the heck Vegas? Can you please leave me alone?"

I Immediately regret saying those words when I see his eyes become dark. That is almost every psychopath's reaction every time they want to kill someone.

He walked towards me again and I myself wanted to escape but I felt a cold brick wall behind my back and I gulped, realizing he's been cornered me.

It's like I'm a mouse cornered by his trap.