Chapter 24; Capture the Angel

Chapter 24

PETE

I was stunned by Vegas' answer, making my body aggerstagger upon the floor. He wasn't—It's not!—He can't be! Vegas killing our parents? almost unbelievable but possible. But it also doesn't look like he was joking. But still, that's so fucking inhumane of his!

I tried to convince myself that Vegas' statement wasn't true and there's no way that Ma and Pa are dead. I tried my best to wake them up with all my might but just as Vegas said, they're already dead from their place, not even a single breathing could be heard through their nose and mouth.I panicked as soon as I realized my place, holding their two bodies from the floor.

"Why are you doing this Vegas?" I cried, embracing the two cold bodies on the floor hoping they're still alive.

" I'm doing this because I love you so much Pete. I did this because of you" The bastard Vegas just chuckled, smiling like a maniac satisfied with just what he did.

" Are you crazy? they're our parents Vegas! Why did you poison them?" I shouted angrily at him, arguing at his nonsense answer.

" They deserve it. They've been so much trouble for us these past few weeks that's why I kill them" Vegas said proudly, explaining his excuses. What the fuck?! That's all his reasons to kill Ma and Pa?!

" We can be together  without them Pete. They're just an obstacle to our lives" He added, moving the chair in front of me. 

" You can't be serious," I argued, shaking my head violently from the side. I burst out into tears, palming my face, just when I heard the painful truths. Mother and Father died because of me. They fucking died because of me! I was helpless and dumbfounded at my position, as I continued to sobb desperately, mourning for their deaths. They died because of my escape! I shouldn't have asked them for my help! If I didn't—then they would have already been living peacefully without me! I should have just followed Vegas from the start! I'm a fool, and an ungrateful son for them. I wasted their kindness and effort for raising me when I didn't even pay for their hard work for adopting me and accepting me as their own son. I'm such bad luck for them! I'm fucking—useless to be their son.

I cried and cried, realizing my own mistakes. It was my fault and my own stupidness caused  their deaths.

I felt feebleness just even getting up from my own knees but I still managed to succeed from the attempt. I made my way from Vegas' position, slapping his cheeks strongly, feeling all my emotions turned into madness. That's right. Madness and remorse.

" You crazy psychopath bastard!" I yelled at his face, with his face turned sideways on how I did purposely slap his cheeks.

I was getting paranoid and was lost in my senses when I unconsciously grabbed the knife from the table, pointing it at Vegas direction. He didn't budge nor react with a knife from his front, and even casually smirked just like how he used to be. Is he that merciless?! Is his heart that stoned?! He just fucking smirked at me?!

" You don't know how sexy you are right now, Pete"  The hell would I do with that?! Is that all he could state after murdering our parents?

Vegas slowly walked towards my place, almost closing the gap between our spaces. He was grinning devilishly, unbothered by the fact that I could smother him with a knife from my fist.

" Don't you dare come closer or else I won't hesitate to stab you!" I threatened with a strong tone from my voice. If Vegas did hear some shaking in my tone, I was certain that he'd think I was weak and couldn't eventually kill him. I need to prove that I can kill him with my own hands. In that case he'll–

He interrupted me with his triumphant voice, " I know you can't, Pete. Because sooner or later you'll begging me to fuck you" His voice was confident and it seems like he wasn't joking. What the fuck did he mean? " Because of the drug that I put on your drink" Now that's an explanation.

I didn't expect that my body would react from his assurance that I felt my body tremble, even the knife in my hand slowly slid and fell from the floor. Sweats started to form on my temple and I can't think clearly in my state like I was literally on drugs like how Vegas said. My body was feeling sensitive from the cold breezes that are making contact within and yet my eyes became blurry, unsatisfied with my surroundings even my head immediately drifted into dizziness. The drug's impact was starting to affect me and I'm obviously terrified of what would happen if I lost my senses then and there. The air-conditioner from the living room didn't help to lessen the heat on my body, as I suddenly felt aroused out of nowhere, adjusting my clothes to make my breathing space steady.

My balance kept losing itself when I realized that my body almost fell to the ground if the arm around my shoulder didn't support me from standing. Realizing it was Vegas, I struggled to understand what expression does Vegas have but soon, the face became clearer and that's when I witnessed his cunning face, smirking sadistically, like I was his meal that he needs to devour by.

" Let's have fun tonight, Pete" I heard him announce as my vision starts to darken. I fainted, losing my consciousness and senses.

=•••=

I heard some siren coming outside the house but it's still unclear and different from my normal state. My eyes were slowly opening on their own but not literally fully yet. The dizziness was still there even the intense heat on my body wouldn't fade. I could slightly feel my body being thrown gently on the back seat, making sure that I was in the corner, perhaps to avoid any suspicions while driving. It was dark and uncomfortable, the only light that I could witness was the light at the post near our house, blinking back and forth continuously. I suddenly felt a lips on my forehead, not certainly confident If Vegas just kissed me.

A loud boom was heard after that, I assume it was the car door closing.
My head was spinning intensely from my position, until my body gave up and instantly fell from the seat.

" Hey there gentleman, Do you know where's the owner of this house?" I heard him murmuring but I didn't actually couldn't take the actions. Who was that?! Police?!

" Oh, That house? I'm not sure but I think I saw them leaving the house with a bunch of luggage earlier" Is that Vegas?! What bullshit is he saying?!

" Oh is that so sir? Thank you very much for your time" What?! No!, No!, No! They can't be leaving and just believe this sociopath man! It's so fucking stupid!

" Hey wait, who's that man who kept mumbling nonsense?" I can't explain the person's expression but I can tell from his voice that he suspected something odd. fucking finally!

" He's my friend Alex sir. He's wasted and drunk because he drank a lot of booze at our house. You know his birthday and can't miss it right?" It was then replaced by a low chuckle and surely It was Vegas' voice but after that, I completely drifted into darkness, while dizziness was sinking inside my head.

This time, I clearly passed out.

=•••=

A/N; Hello my dear readers!! How have you all these past few weeks? Christmas is coming! Do you have any plans perhaps?

Anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter and thank you for reading!!(⁠◡⁠ ⁠ω⁠ ⁠◡⁠)