34

Taylor enters her hut to get ready for bed. To lay down. Picked up something from her bag revealing her picture book. Showing pictures of her and her family happy together. And then she looked at times with pictures of her as as astronauts with a woman beside her with blond hair, brown eyes and has a tattoo of a number 7 on her neck.

She smiled at the picture before closing it she went to but it away but flinched when she sees someone in front of her. It was Caesar's father Cornelius.

"You startled" she said in relief.

"I'm sorry" he apologized walking up to her.

Taylor was concerned why he was here "did you need anything sir?"

"I talked to my son... about you" he admitted. Taylor was getting a bit nervous on what he's gonna say next. "He told me he really cares about you....All I wanted what was best my son... but I can see he has it...what I'm trying to say is... do you love him?"

Taylor nods "yes. is that a bad thing?"

Cornelius shook his head "no... it's just.. for years ape tried to keep ourselves away from humans. The bad ones at least"

"Because your father was once raised by humans" Taylor said. Cornelius looks at her in shock. "Your son told me. He also told me you parents and older brother were killed by humans."

Cornelius goes to sit beside her "I was very young when it happened but I still remembered them.... My brother blue eyes found this place and knew we would be safe from any harm from bad humans. We we're betrayed by an ape who told the soilders where we lived...and shot my mother and my brother...later we were taken captive. My father found a way out for us. He was shot many times but he made hit here. He died freeing us. For years I was raised By lake. My brothers wife. She raised me like her own and told me many stories along with two of my father friend. Rocket and Maurice. He was brave I wish I had more time with my family." Tears fell in Cornelius's eyes. "I just want a better future for my children even if it meant not forgetting the past."

Taylor understood his feelings she put her hand on Cornelius's shoulder for comfort. "I know what it's like loosing a father and a brother. It can be painful. I have been through that for years. My mother once said: "you don't need to forget the past for a better future remember the past as a reminder who loved you. Because they're not really gone. They'll always be in your heart"

Cornelius smiles at her knowing that taylor is kind and strong headed. He understands why his son chose her to be his mate. He understood why they fell in love.

He understood that paths can go in ways even when you least expect it. Taylor and Caesar are examples of that. And he was grateful for it.