14

Another camp night the group we're having a bonfire. Enjoying the heat.

River and hades were sitting beside each other on one side while Caesar and T.J we're sitting on the other side leaving scar sitting by himself.

"So what do you guys want to talk about?" T.J. Asked.

"What about yourself?" Caesar suggests as hades and river nod in agreement.

T.J. Chuckles "well back where I'm from my younger brother and I were raised by a single mom. Life was hard for us we struggled to survive with barley food on the table."

"What happened to...father?" Hades asked.

T.J. Took a deep breath trying not to cry "he was killed by cops... for no reason but the colour of his skin. The system was broken" her voice cracks "my brother for years planned to avenge him. I told him 'what you're doing is part of the problem not the solution. That also got him killed. Leaving my mother and I mourned for months. We still were stuggling financially. I dreamt about being an astronaut and explore space. My mother told me to not give up. She told me 'Whenever we're down we find a way back up'" she whips her face that's full of tears.

Caesar felt very bad for what T.J. Is going through. He just wish he would do something to make her feel better. All he could do was wrap his arm around her shoulders to comfort her.

Later on T.J and Caesar we're sitting somewhere where they could see the clear night skies. They watched the stars from the ground.

"Why are we looking at stars" Caesar asked in confusion.

"It was I thing my family and I did every night. I never grew up in the city. Every night we did a thing we call Star gazing" she explains.

"Didn't you spend time up in space?" Caesar asked.

"I mean I see stars when I'm in space but it's better to watch from a planet" she said as a shooting star flys pass them "OH! A shooting star! We have to make a wish." She sits up as did Caesar.

"Why? What's the point on making a wish on this that fly pass" Caesar asked in confusion.

She looks at him "where I'm from, People have believed in the legend that wishing upon a shooting star makes the wish come true for a long time."

"Has it worked?" He asked.

She looks at him and shrugs "I don't know, when I was six I wished to be an astronaut and meet being from different planets. And maybe be friends with them. Now I know my miracle has happened. What would you wish for?"

For once in his life. Caesar never thought about what he would wish for accept for one.

"To meet Caesar and blue eyes" he said. T.J. Looks at Caesar in confusion. "I'm named after my grandfather Caesar leader of apes and the first ape to talk. Blue eyes is my uncle, my fathers older brother. They were brave apes yet Both killed by humans. My father doesn't blame humans he believes there is a difference between good human and bad human like difference between good ape and bad ape"

"What am I?" Asked T.J "what do you think of me?"

Caesar smiles and touched her hand as T.J. Gently squeezes it "you are a good friend"

T.J smiles as she leans her head on Caesar's shoulders. He tenses but relaxed. And both of them watched the stars together for the rest of the night.