Chapter 34

Skylar's pov

12 weeks

It takes us about half an hour to find the buses and when we do Patrick jumps straight into his bunk. I sit up front with Andy , Joe and Pete.

"Is he seriously asleep right now ? Its about 1pm," I joke. Pete laughs "Yup, Patty is more of a night owl...who likes sleep," "Yeah, I guess singing takes up a lot of energy." Andy fills in.

I with Joe and Pete play on the Xbox . Pete is failing miserably but 'won't go down without a fight'.

"What'cha reading?" I turn and ask Andy. He smiles "Just some pregnancy stuff,"and looks back down at the book. "Did he just say what I think he said?" Joe says but with his eyes still glued to the TV screen.

Turning my attention back to Andy I raise an eyebrow. He looks up again "Do you that your hands and feet will swell in size," I look at my hands. They don't look any bigger....

"And your sense of smell has doubled at least, this stuff is pretty interesting."

Pete throws a cushion at Andy and bursts out laughing. "Dude, I never thought you'd take the whole mid-wife Hurley thing seriously!"

Andy laughs "Might as well, so Sky how far along are we?" "We?" I quote. He looks down embarrassed"Sorry I forgot, you." A huge smoke creeps across my face" Its all good, em 12 weeks, 2nd trimestor."

His face lights up "That's the best one, we should probably start your breathing exercises," he advises.

Is this actually happening?

"Look we'll demonstrate!" Pete exclaims and sits on the groung, Joe stuffs a cushion up his T-shirt and jumps behind him. "See I'd make a great pregnant chick," Pete beams happily as Joe holds his hand and Andy starts breathing commands.

"Your doing great honey," Joe giggles and rubs Pete's hand. "Joe baby, I have to tell you something," Pete says in a whispy voice in between deep breaths.

I try and hold in by laughs, where is this going?

"Anything!" Pete dramatically looks at Andy then at the floor, his free hand rubbing his 'belly'.

"Well, the baby isn't yours its.... ANDY'S!!!!" He shouts. "What!" Joe jumps up and pretends to fight with Andy. I leave as a pillow fight breaks out.

Oh those loveable dorks.

I close the separating door behind me and hear a noise coming from the bunks.

Its Patrick , I think he's singing/writing. I read ages ago that Fall Out Boy write a lot of their songs on tour. Soundlessly I raise myself into my own bunk(which is just across from his) and listen to him talk to himself.

" a teenage vow in...a parking lot,no, in a parking lotttt. Holy smokes Pete why'd you have to write stuff so hard to sing." He clears his throat. "Till tonight do us part-" I fall asleep listening to him.

***

Patrick's pov

I woke up to shouts coming from the top of the bus. There was no point in trying to fall back asleep so I turned on the light above my bed and took out some song lyrics Pete gave me.

He has the chorus written but has writers block so I offered to finish the rest. So far its:

A teenage vow in a parking lot

Till tonight do us part

I sing the blues and swallow them too

All I can think of right now is Skylar. But if I make this song about her it can't be typical and obvious. It'll have to be perfect.

"a teenage vow in ...in a parking lot,no in a parking lotttt. Holy smokes Pete why'd you have to write stuff so hard to sing." I say aloud to myself. We have to fill the new album 'Infinity On High'. All the singles have been realesd.

I clear my throat "Till tonight do us part, no .... till tonight do us part!"

I take off my fedora and scratch my head. This isn't going well. Maybe I need more sleep.