CHAPTER 35 - DON'T DROP YOUR GUARD

Start from the beginning

I couldn't just sit so I started to stand. Tetsuya passed to Taiga as he started to run to the other side of the court but Ryouta was already in front of him. 

Taiga was about to Meteor Jam, both him and Ryouta were up in the air, when Tetsuya called out for the ball.

Taiga forcefully threw the ball at the board and rebound right into the light blue haired male's hands. Tetsuya shot the ball right into the basket right when the buzzer rang out. 

I looked at the scoreboard right away to see if the basket counted. I watched as the number changed to 81.

"TIME'S UP! SEIRIN HIGH SCHOOL WINS!" Everyone in Seirin started to celebrate while Kaijo had their heads hanging low. "That was a hell of a game." I muttered. "It really was." 

We all watched as the teams exchanged words and handshakes and bowed to each other before walking off.

"Welp. I gotta get going now. I'll see you guys at the next game which 100 percent will make me stay standing for the entire time. Rakuzan High School vs. Seirin High School." I said.

"We'll see you next time, (F/N)!" Tatsu said to me in English. "Bye, Coach (F/N)-chin!" 

I waved my hand as I walked away from them. -Now, to Kaijo's locker room.-

Once I read the sign on the locker room, I knocked on the door. Coach Takeuchi opened it. "(F/N)-chan..." I smiled. 

"Is there a way I can talk with the team? I would also like to retape Ryouta's ankle." I asked.

"Of course." He opened the door more so I could enter. Once I did, all eyes were on me. I smiled at them which they returned.

"First of all, I would like to say that game really left me standing up and on the edge. I'm pretty sure I pissed off the people behind me." I said.

I walked to the yellow haired male that was looking away from me. I kneeled down right in front of him and taped his ankle while talking to the team.

He seemed to get the memo and took off his shoe, sock, and tape. I grabbed and new roll and started to apply the tape on his ankle. 

"Losing is not always a bad thing, you know? In order to succeed, you would need to lose a few times. Next thing you know, you will be on top of the world." I said.

After I finished my speech, I got up and smiled at the team. "So just know that alright?" They all nodded with a smile. 

"Coach, Ryouta needs to keep the weight off this ankle or else he will destroy it. I strongly recommend that he doesn't play the next and final match. Make sure he also ices and retape it too." I told him.

Coach nodded at my words. "Is it alright if I take him with me for a little? I'll return him." I asked. "Of course." I hear Ryouta get up from his seat. 

"Well, I wish you and your team all the best. Make sure to eat a healthy meal, drink tons of water, and get plenty of rest." I smiled. "Thank you, (F/N)/(F/N)-san/(F/N)-chan/(F/N)-senpai!"

3rd POV - AUTHOR

(F/N) and Kise walked to an empty hallway and sat down against the wall. "You heard what I said, right Ryouta?" She asked. "Hm." She sighed. 

"I won't laugh at you if you cry. You can cry to me all you want. I'm your coach for a reason. You don't need to be that secretive with your feelings towards me." (F/N) smiled.

With that said, Kise started to bawl his eyes out. (F/N) placed his head on her shoulder and felt Kise's tears stained her shirt. "I... We... Wanted to... Win!" 

The female just patted his head until he was just sniffling. "Here, take this handkerchief." The male took it and wiped his tears and nose.

"Come on. Let's get you back to your team. You better listen to me this time, alright?" (F/N) smiled.

"Ok, Coach (F/N)-cchi!" As they walked back to the locker rooms, Kise started to talk. 

"You know, coach. Did I ever tell you that you are the best?" (F/N) stopped as Kise went walking.

"Most of us at Teiko really admire you, you know? Older or younger, we still look up to you even to this day." 

Kise stopped right in front of the locker room door and turned his head to his former coach. 

"Even Akashi-cchi thinks that too. Even though he has the split personality. Just know that coach. We just have it hard when it comes to describing our feelings." He told her.

With that Kise opened the door and walked into the room, disappearing from (F/N)'s sight. She had a smile as she walked away. 

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

"Wow. I didn't see that one coming." I muttered.

Just as I was walking, I saw Seirin and caught up with them. "CONGRATULATIONS!" They all smiled at me and thanked me.

"The team is going to come over for the scouting later and Kuroko is going to spill everything about the past." Taiga wrapped his arm around me. 

"Hm. Alright. I'm not helping you with the scouting, just saying." I watched Taiga flinch. 

I giggled. "I'm gonna say this right now, our past in Teiko isn't really all sparkles and rainbows." I told them. "Oh, really?"