Chapter 20; The good old days

Start from the beginning

" I'm scared" Pete bravely confessed. Falling in love with Vegas he added not typically verbally.

" I know Pete. I can't truly Imagine the pain and trauma that Vegas did to you and even thinking about those made me want to blame myself. It hurts me seeing you suffering like this when I know that you didn't deserve to be treated harshly just like he did"

Really?

Somehow, Pete wasn't convinced by those. He himself was also getting extremely perplexed on why People kept blaming Vegas but his inner self can't. He merely thinks that Vegas succeeded in manipulating him. But Vegas didn't force him!

Now, Pete can't even consider whether what he's thinking is even right or wrong.

He wasn't also surely aware if he's still in his sane state.

=•••=

" What brings you here?"

" Do I need to have a reason to be here?"

" Well…aren't we people does?"

Both of them were sitting across from each other, with a circle shaped table in the middle of their conversation. They were both sitting in the dining area, talking casually like just how they used to be.

" I–uhm…I wanted to have breakfast with you, Perhaps?"

" You travel from Bangkok to province just to have a meal with me?! That's such a childish excuse " He stated unbelievably, shaking his head from the other side.

" It is but that's the truth, Pete"

Pete looked at Arm's eyes if the person in front of him was truly admitting the truth and all that Pete could sense was its pure intention and not some mischievous schemes that Arm wants to pretend.

" Do you still have some genuine feelings for me, Arm? I mean It's not that I like to assume but my instincts says you do"

Minutes of silence were heard across the room and Pete was still waiting for at least an answer for his question from Arm. The man looked at his eyes as if he was still hesitant to tell the truth even though his actions and intentions were obvious from the start.

" It's fine—you don't need to answer, Forget it" He cleared his throat, proceeding to eat the food from his plate.

" I do" Arm blurted his words out of nowhere, making Pete stop his actions.

He looked at Arm's figure, seeing its nervous state and blushing cheeks in front of his sight. He's not that scary aren't he? Pete chuckled at that confession, unknowingly showing his smile from Arm.

" Hey, hey! It's not like you commit something Illegal by confessing" Pete smiled for a moment then suddenly those smiles were slowly fading. " But are you sure with your feelings? You experience some conflicts regarding me yet you're still staying like a leech from my body and soul"

" It's not like I despise you for doing so but Arm, aren't you tired of  chasing me even though there's no assurance that I'll choose you?"

" I don't Pete. You didn't ask me to like you and it's my fault if I kept chasing you repeatedly. I won't ask you for more if you just let me be" 

Pete was hesitant to answer those genuine words because even he himself was afraid that those happy times won't come.

" But what if I still won't choose you? Aren't you afraid of heartbreaks?"