Betrayed

After the long meeting with the DVC, her parents, and the school authorities, AmyClaire was exhausted and sweaty. A security guard led her back to her dorm at around 7 pm.

  When she entered her room, the first person she saw was Thea sitting on her (AmyClaire's) bed with a sad look on her face.

Thea stood up and walked up to AmyClaire. "I'm so sorry, Claire. I didn't know things would get crazy"

"Crazy? Is that what you call it? My life is about to be ruined, and you call it 'crazy?'" AmyClaire could feel her blood boiling at that point.

Just then, Julia walked in, a shit-eating grin plastered all over her face. "The slut is back, welcome" She went to hug AmyClaire but was pushed away.

"Stay away from me, Julia!" She returned her attention to Thea. "Why didn't you come to Mrs. Ortega's office today to defend me?"

"I'd be in trouble, I'm sorry" Replied Thea with a fake look of worry. "Maybe after you get expelled, we could hang out again"

"I won't get expelled!!"

"Are you sure? Cause the blood test is gonna say otherwise"

Amy paused for a second. "You planned this, didn't you?!"

Just then, the sad look on Thea's face disappeared. "What if I did? Whatcha gonna do about it, beat me?" She took menacing strides towards Amy as a subtle dare.

"Why, Thea? What did I ever do to you?" Heartbroken and betrayed, AmyClaire could not stop the tears in her eyes.

"It's what you get for stealing what belongs to my cousin." Suddenly, Thea burst into a peel of laughter. "Wait, you didn't think I liked you, did you? Who would want to be friends with a weirdo like you? A stupid, awkward, lonely nervous wreck like you. Antisocial, anxious freak! Being around you sucked the positive energy outta me"

AmyClaire wiped off her tears. "Your cousin? Who is your cousin?"

Thea folded her hands on her chest. "She's right behind you"

"J-Julia? Julia is your cousin?"

Julia who had been enjoying the show and grinning from ear to ear raised her hand mockingly. "Present"

"So, you see? This is a little revenge for trying to steal Hunter from my cousin. Pack your bags, you will be leaving this school in a few weeks. Ciao" Thea brushes past her and left the room.

Needless to say that Amy could not sleep that night.  Julia was still as conniving as ever. The results will come out positive for sure.

***

The next morning, a knock on the door woke her up. It was a struggle to finally close her eyes to sleep a little, and now this?

She reluctantly stood from her bed. Julia's side is empty. Who cares where she is? Amy opened the door to find Hunter standing there, looking hot in his white T-shirt and blue jeans.

She pushed the door in an attempt to shut it in his face, but he held the frame. "Hold on, AmyClaire, please"

"You should be with your precious girlfriend" AmyClaire realized that it was futile to match his strength, so she stopped trying and let him come in.

"Let me explain, please"

"I don't wanna hear anything! Go away, please"

Hunter held her arms and brought her close to himself. "Please, listen to me"

"You have 2 minutes," she said bluntly while pushing him away from her.

"I'm not back with Julia, I just had to keep her occupied so she wouldn't hurt you"

"It's a little late for that" She retorted.

"I know, I know. I underestimated her, and I had never heard about Thea being her cousin. I'm sorry I couldn't stop this from happening-"

"Whatever, just leave-"

"Let me finish. I couldn't stop this from happening, but we can find a solution to this problem, I assure you"

Amy stared at him incredulously. "What CAN you do, Hunter? Don't get my hopes up-"

"Let me do this, please." He gently caressed her cheeks. To his surprise, she did not protest. Her eyes were closed as he made butterfly caresses on her skin.

When she realized what was happened, she opened her eyes and moved back. "Goodbye, Hunter"

"I'll fix this, I promise. But until then, I have a gift for you" He handed her a box.

"A new phone?" She stared suspiciously at the iPhone box.

"Yeah. I noticed you don't have your old phone due to last night, that's why I bought this. Please, accept it". He ran out the door before she could object.

The alarm rang. Time to go to get ready for class!