Roommate

"What the fuck are you doing here, Julia?!" Yelled Hunter.

"Aren't you happy to see me, baby?" She tried to kiss him but he moved back.

Students passed them on the stairway. Some going to class, others returning from class. Julia had ambushed him on his way to a class he shares with Amy.

"You haven't answered my question, what are you doing here? Last I checked, you didn't get admitted to ZU"

"You seem to be forgetting something, my dear Hunter" She caressed his biceps, to which he pushed off her hand. "I am the only daughter of Daryn Callahan, the biggest senator in the country. I can attend any damn University I want"

"I gotta go, Julia" He headed down the stairs.

"I'll be waiting for you, baby," She said to everyone's hearing, but she didn't care. He ignored her and rushed to class.

Thankfully, there was a free seat next to AmyClaire. He ran to take the seat before someone did. Amy was surprised to see him, but before she could ask any questions, Professor Adams began lecturing.

"It seems your girlfriend is here" She whispered.

"She's not my girlfriend" He whispered back.

"Yeah, right"

After the lecture, they packed up and started heading out to their respective classes. Hunter did what he had been wanting to... he kissed AmyClaire's cheeks. "Have a great day, AmyClaire". He said near her ear before leaving to get to his class. She froze for a second before getting herself together and turning in the opposite direction. Her business management class was just down the hallway.

***

After a busy Tuesday, she returned to her dorm. Whoever invented the phrase, 'Home sweet home' has never been in AmyClaire's predicament. Having Julia in the same room as she made her heart skip a beat every time.

She entered her dorm to find Julia and Hunter in each other's embrace. The look on His face when he saw her was that of a deer caught in front of headlights, but he did nothing. He neither pushed Julia off of him nor did he try to explain himself.

"Oh, welcome, Roomie." Julia greeted with a fake smile. "See who came to visit"

AmyClaire ignored the two of them and went to drop her books. What's the point of getting mad at him anyway? It's not as if he knew what she felt for him. He will never leave Julia for someone like her, that's for sure.

She then went to take a shower. When she returned to the bedroom in her blue top and jeans, Hunter and Julia had left. She sat on her bed and buried her face in her hands. Warm liquid flowed out of her eyes. She noticed the tears on her cheeks and palms. "Why am I crying? Darn it" She curled up on the mattress, feeling sorry for herself. "To hell with this" she wiped off her tears. "I'm going out".

She got dressed in a short green dress and came out to the corridor. Other girls were walking around, chitchatting as they walked past one another. She finally made her way down the common area between the girls' and boys' dorm. This is where they can hang out before bedtime.

"Hey, Claire!" Thea called her from across the room.

She smiled widely on seeing her new friend, and walked over there. "Hey, Thea. What's up?" She sat on the couch next to Thea and the couple making out.

"Oh, I'm good"

"Sorry, you had to change dorms" She didn't want to tell Thea that it was because Julia had it in for her.

"Oh, it's fine. I just wish the school had informed me before I got attached to the room, and my ex-roommate"

"Aww," AmyClaire smiled.

"So, you wanna hang out tonight?" Asked Thea.

"Where?"

"I know a cool place where-"

"Thea, I'm sorry, but no"

"Oh come on, silly, we won't be going alone. Gina and Loretta will be coming with us. Pretty please" Thea folded her hands in a pleading manner, and made a cute puppy face.

"Thea..." AmyClaire said reluctantly.

"I promise you, nothing illegal. Just to hang out. Lectures won't be until 10 tomorrow anyway. Please"

"Ugrh fine!"

"Yay! Come on, Gina, let's go" Thea beckoned the girl making out with a guy beside them.

***

They snuck out of the school premises and entered Thea's black Rolls Royce which was packed across the street. AmyClaire sat in the passenger seat while the other two girls took the back seat.
The engine revved to life, and Thea drove them through the busy streets of ZiegCity. Who would have guessed that even at 10 pm, the roads would be so full of cars and people?

They finally parked in front of a club with a neon sign that read 'Sinners' haven'

"Thea" AmyClaire held her friend's arm.

"What, Claire?!" An annoyed Thea responded.

"You said we wouldn't do anything illegal"

"Chill out bro, we just hanging out. Loosen up a little!" She got out of the driver's seat, walked over to AmyClaire's side, and forced her out of the car. "Let's go have some fun! Whoo!!!"

AmyClaire had started to regret listening to Thea. She felt uneasy as her friend dragged her by hand into the club.