He is back

"Hey, is it okay if I call you Amy or Claire, your full name's kinda long"

"Hmm? Oh, no problem, T" AmyClaire Replied to her roomie who had just interrupted her train of thought as she was busy arranging her clothes.

"Cool. So, there's a little party tonight, you've got to come" Theia, who was lying on her bed with her legs crossed, said.

AmyClaire could feel her anxiety creepy back up her spine. "Uh, a party? Is it thrown by the school?"

"Don't be weird, Amy, Of course not, it's the seniors, they wanna welcome us. You can't refuse, coz they'll force you out of here"

"Then I don't have much of a choice"

"Nope"

"Cool. I'll get ready".

***

"Welcome, fresh meat!" The school president, Dean Ferguson said in a singsong voice after giving a long speech about the school's prestige and all that stuff.

The crowd cheered loudly as the fun began. Students went to the bar to get whatever they wanted, and by whatever they wanted, I mean, whatever they wanted. Beer, Tequila shots, margaritas, you frigging name it!

"Isn't this illegal?" AmyClaire asked Theia who was busy dancing to the music.

"But no one has to find out" Theia made her way to the bar, leaving her there.

"Hey, freshman, why aren't you having fun?" A voice came from her right. She turned to see who it was. It was Dean Ferguson, the school president.

His black hair was disheveled, his brown eyes sparkled in the neon lights, and his smile was enough to light the whole school.

"I am having fun," She responded and started heading for the bar.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, it's okay" Dean yelled over the music, to her hearing.

"No, it's fine, I live for fun" She sang and went over to the bar. She tried to find Theia, but to no avail. "Give me something to help me loosen up," She told the bartender who is also a student. She hands her a glass of tequila. AmyClaire held up the glass: "Well, here's to fun!" She brought the glass to her lips. As she was about to take a sip from the glass, someone knocked it off her hand.
"Hey!" She yelled angrily to whoever it was, but her yelling got hitched in her throat when she realized who it was... "Hunter?" Her eyes grew wide in surprise.

"What are you doing?" He asked angrily. "Come with me" He took her hand and dragged her out of the hall, and to the quieter corridor.

She pulled her hand out of her grip. "Are you following me? Oh, I see, you just can't let me enjoy myself, you want to make me miserable"

"Don't be ridiculous, I got a scholarship here, which I had been working towards ever before you showed up at our high school"

"Well, congrats to you. But in case you haven't noticed, this isn't high school anymore, you're nothing special here"

"Gee, thanks for the eye-opener, Einstein" He retorted. "I don't want to see you drinking here, especially since you ain't ready"

"I'll do whatever I want! You just stay in your lane while I stay in mine." She walked back into the party despite his calling her name.

In her haste, she didn't see where she was going, until it was too late, and she bumped into a pillar and fell. Fortunately, she didn't fall to the ground because a pair of strong arms caught her in time.

"See? Even when you ain't drunk, you're falling. What happens when you are?" The person joked.

"Thank you, Dean" AmyClaire was embarrassed with herself. She looked around and saw some students staring at her.

To save herself from further embarrassment, she walked away and returned to her room.

Why is Hunter back in her life? She thought that when High-school ended, she wouldn't have to deal with him again, but apparently, she was wrong. He is back to finish off what he started— ruining her life.