Meet the Wilsons

It's a brand new day!

All through the night, Amy-Claire thought long and hard about all her foster mother said and she came to a decision that she was not going to back down.

She took a bold step into the hallway of Ziegville high, she was ready to face, anything except what she saw at her locker...

It was the annoying jerk she met at the boy's bathroom and Julia, they were kissing.

They were leaning against her locker and she needed them to move so she could use it.

"Excuse me, please move away".
The annoying pair broke their kiss and Julia looked at Amy in a down casting manner.

"You're back? aren't you supposed to have crawled back into your basement by now?". She mocked.

" We're not moving, go call your mommy. oh wait, you don't have one "..
The annoying boy said. Julia joined him in laughing at Amy-Claire.

" Come on Hunter, let's continue from where we stopped".
Julia tells the boy, and they start kissing again.

Amy who was distraught, left them and went to class, she didn't want to be reminded further of her predicament. It's not like she asked to be kept in a basement.

It was lunch time, she made sure to avoid the bathroom after the previous day's incident. So she went straight to the cafeteria, she could only find one table with two students who allowed her sit with them.

"You must be Amy-Claire, Amy for short. I know because I was in class yesterday. Not that I heard what Julia and Jones said about you yesterday, I I mean I heard them but I did not find them funny. You know".
Did she just snort? Amy thought to herself.
The girl continued,

"I'm Cecilia by the way and this is my friend Francis". A boy wearing big glasses waved.

Cecilia had red hair that was somewhat tangled, her kind blue eyes were a little crossed but it was not that noticeable because she wore glasses. She wore a jean jacket, with a top that read 'mom' and jeans that were too loose.
Despite not knowing much about fashion herself, Amy-Claire knew this was a disaster.
Francis on the other seemed quite fashionable except he was shy and awkward. He had black hair, brown eyes and a braced set of teeth.

" I know what you're thinking, we're nerds, the unpopular kids". Cecilia said to Amy.

"What? No I wasn't thinking that". She replied.

" Oh well, welcome to our club. You're one of us now",
Cecilia had a spinach stuck in her teeth that Amy-Claire could not take her eyes off.

"Yes I am. You might wanna check your teeth, something's stuck in there". Amy-Claire said.

It felt nice having friends.

****

She returned home to find her foster father home early.

" Mr Mark, good afternoon". She greeted.

"Oh, Amy my dear. I need you to get your dress ready honey, we were invited to my boss's wife's birthday".

" Oh". She said.
Clueless about where to start because she had never been to a party before except the birthday parties they had in their home.

"Don't worry Princess, I will help you". Magenta, her foster mother comes downstairs.

Magenta dressed Amy-Claire in a knee length, off shoulder blue gown she had bought at the store. It was all she could afford and thankfully, it suited Amy-Claire perfectly. Her beautiful long hair was tied up in a loose bun and a light make-up involving lip gloss and powder was done, and silver coloured sandals that matched the dress.

*****

At eight O'Clock, they all entered Mark's old truck and he drove them to the party venue

" Whoa" exclaims Jack and Marian as they arrive at the mansion which was decorated beautifully on the exterior.

"If this is the outside, what would the inside look like"... Said Tammy and Trish in a creepily simultaneous manner.

They felt so inferiorly dressed as compared to the rich folks there who looked so elegant.

They were led inside by Mark, where they saw Mr and Mrs Wilson, Mark's boss and his wife.

" Ah Mark my good man"
Greeted Mr Wilson.
Mr Wilson looked to be in his fifties, with brown hair, kind green eyes and a nice smile. He treats his employees like family.

"Sir, thank you for the invitation and Happy birthday Mrs Wilson", Said Mark.

"Nonsense! There is no party without you all. Welcome.
Honey, don't you think Mark has lovely children?".
He asks his wife who on the other hand seemed to not give a hoot about Mark and his family.

"Well I suppose. Beautiful things are easier to collect than make". She bluntly stated.

Mark did not say anything. Mr Wilson tried to change the topic immediately.
Mrs Wilson rolled her eyes and walked away.
She is a blonde woman and a very classy one at that, her red dinner dress fit her figure perfectly and her fiery eyes were like a strong wall that only let a certain people in. She was simply intimidating.

As Mark and Mr Wilson continued their business talk, the children grew bored and decided to go do something fun.
Amy-Claire decided to go a little bit near the bar to see what people were having and to know if she could have one.

Just then, she locked eyes with Hunter, that jerk from the bathroom and the one who was kissing Julia in front of her locker, what was he doing there?

He scowled when he sighted her, then he hurried to where she stood, dragged her by the arm to a corner of the hall, away from everyone's eyes.

" What are you doing here? How dare you sneak in? If you are here to get revenge on me, this is the worst place to try such. You better leave before I tell security to kick you out". He orders her.

She removes his hand from her arm and throws it back to him.
"The world does not revolve around you Mr Hunter. I am here for the party and not to waste my time planning any revenge. Excuse me"...

She walks out on him.