Chapter 52

(⚠️SMUT WARNING ⚠️)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While it was all either of you could think about, you tried like hell to basically pretend it never happened.

Not wanting to admit you killed somebody, -rather violently, for that matter- even though you rationalized that this person absolutely deserved it. And that, technically, they were already dead. You couldn't believe you had actually done it. Sinner or not, you'd taken a soul. Alastor didn't want to pry, but what was jarring to him was the fact that afterwords you seemed... well, no different than normal.

It was almost as if you felt absolutely no remorse, and you didn't.

That was what scared you.

A few days had passed and neither of you brought it up. Both of you almost had a few times, but bit your tongues.

After all was said and done Al allowed you to use his shower and rid yourself of your ex's blood that had sprayed you, him shirking himself of his bloodstained attire and washing his face while you cleaned yourself up. It was a rather quiet evening after that; pleasant, nonetheless, but very quiet. The next few days after that you seemed to have resumed to your daily life as normal. Which was a bit of a concern to your lover, he worried you may be suppressing. But not wanting to pry after everything you had been through he decided to let you come to him first when you were ready to discuss it.

Alastor felt a little bad seeing as you had a busy day today, a lot of errands ahead of you and unfortunately he was to be at work until some point in the late afternoon and would be unable to help. You didn't mind, sure you'd miss him but it was nice to have a couple hours to yourself anyway where you could just put your earbuds in and tune out the world for a little while.

Hours had passed and you had gotten a lot of tasks done, now pulling into your driveway and lugging in bags from your car. Smiling softly to yourself as you approached your home and could hear Frank Sinatra playing from somewhere within the house, figuring Al had come back sooner than either of you anticipated.

"Sweetie?" You called out, setting your things down on the kitchen island. "You home?"

"Tidying the room, my love!" He called out. You could hear the smile in his voice, he missed you and was happy you were home. It was really sweet. Albeit you wouldn't have stopped somewhere on the way home and gotten yourself a late lunch if you had known he was going to be home this early; and you tried to hide your bag of food amongst the other things you had purchased on your day out.

Alastor was a huge food-snob, there was no secret about that. And he didn't shy away from insisting he make you 'actual food' instead of submitting yourself to fast food. You weren't home and you were hungry. You wanted cheap tacos, not a lecture.

Walking upstairs you ventured to your room to greet him, and opened the door with a smile as you saw him making your bed.

"Hey hun!" You grinned at him. "I thought you weren't gonna be here 'till later."

"Charlie let me go early, thought I'd surprise you." He said with a smile, coming over to you and leaning down to kiss your cheek. "There's gumbo simmering on the stove, should be ready soon!"

Oh fuck yes, yum!!

"Awhhh!!" You cooed. "Thanks babe I'll eat in a little bit."

"But earlier I thought you said you were hungry?" He wondered, furrowing a brow and cocked his head to the side a little as he looked at you.

"I was." You stammered. "Then I lost my appetite. It'll come back, though. Always does, hah.."

His eyes narrowed, knowing you were up to something. You never hesitated to hone in on whatever he was cooking. Not unless...