Chapter 8

"Hidey hidey hidey hi~"

Alastor's voice echoing down the halls as he past the foyer. His staff echoing his singing as music emanated from it as well.

"Hidey hidey hidey hi!"

"Ooooo~"

"Oooooo~"

"You didn't see me climb through the window,
Nobody had to open that door
I just climb right up the wall
And I watch you one and all
To stand aside and let me have the floor~"

Alastor sang and walked with a confident stride, with his shoulders back and his head held high. That notorious smile carved into his features as he stalked the hotel's hallways in search of his business partner.

It had been a week since that particular interaction with you, much to your surprise you both managed to chat for several hours. He told you stories of his life, how things were down in New Orleans and what things were like a century ago. You couldn't help but listen to him with fascination and wonder, almost spellbound as he shared with you.

You told him a few things about how life was now, clearing up any rumors that Hell's denizens had made up and confirming any that had truth to them. You also shared a few stories as well, nothing extremely personal on either of your parts- just enough to help break the ice. You still didn't fully trust him by the end of his visit, but, you felt more at ease talking to him than you did at first.

Alastor had a hunch that you were a sweetheart behind your somewhat crass attitude toward him; mostly due to the fact that you still tried to offer kindness and respect, and it didn't come across as forced- but he'd let you warm up to him when you were ready. If you ever did, anyway. He detected a bit of a dry sense of humor within it as well which was amusing.

"Take a look, I'm not such a stranger
Here's a face you cokies all outta know
You can tell me I'm not wanted, but the joint will still be haunted
'Cause I'm the ghost of Smokey Joe~"

"Can a day go by where you and Princess aren't singing shit?" Angel asked, an icepack on his forehead to sooth the pounding headache he felt; presumably from a raging hangover as he lay sprawled on the couch. The music from the bucks staff ceased as he stopped to look down at him, grinning gently at the arachnids discomfort.

"Ah but what good is a voice that's never put to use, Angel?" He asked, pausing in his walk to talk to him.

"Al, I hear your voice every fucking da-"

"And what a lucky man you are for it! Now, have you seen Charlie anywhere?" Alastor's staff disappeared into a small puff of red smoke as he folded his arms behind his back.

Angel huffed and moved the ice pack from his forehead down, covering his eyes as he closed them in irritation. "Have you tried her office?"

"I'm on my way there now."

"If she's not there she may be in the rec room. Try her office first."

Alastor's grin widened as he bent down toward Angel and raised his voice to further aggravate his headache, just for kicks and giggles. "Thank you~!!"

"Ughhhhh..." Angel winced, rolling over onto his side as Alastor walked away to continue his search for Charlie.

Along the halls he walked quietly, with only the sound of his shoes ever so quietly thumping along the carpeted floor in steady rhythm. Never slowing, never growing faster. And on he went until he reached Charlie's office door and knocked upon the slab of dark maroon stained wood; awaiting patiently for an answer with his arms folded behind him.