Chapter 14

You awoke early the next morning.

The sky was still a dark grey as it barely peeked through your curtains. The atmosphere in the room feeling cold as you absentmindedly pulled the covers up to your chin and curled up to preserve heat. Feeling dazed but fairly well rested, it took you a moment or two to finally realize you were no longer on the floor; but instead something much softer.

Your eyes fluttered open tiredly, still heavy from the deep state of slumber you slowly rose from. In your wakening state you began to recall the events of the evening prior. Now finding yourself alone in your room, you began to wonder if it was all a dream. You felt a twinge of pain in your chest at the thought... Why, you couldn't quite understand. It wasn't typically like you to become attached that quickly. But it felt so real, his lips against yours, how sweet and attentive his caresses were. Your face contorted into an expression of disappointment as you lay there. Rolling over in a huff you went to grab your phone, only to see a folded piece of paper on your nightstand beside it.

Curious.

"Y/n,

Good morning darling, I trust that you slept well. Apologies for not being here when you awoke, I had matters to attend to back home. Fret not, however, I'll return again this evening.

Try not to miss me too much.

-Alastor"

A ghost of a smile crept along your face as you sighed with relief. He must have carried you to your bed before he left. Your hand traveled up to your neck to massage the slight soreness in your muscles from having fallen asleep on the floor, and the moment you touched your skin the area felt quite tender to the touch. Your eyes went wide as you made a realization. Shit.

You threw the covers off of you and bolted to your bathroom, flipping the switch for the light and looked at yourself in the mirror. Sure enough, your suspicions were confirmed in the shades of red, blue and purple.

Dammit!

Hickeys.

Fucking hickeys.

"What the fuck." You grumbled quietly. Why does that shit have to feel so nice when it's happening?

Hopefully you'd be able to cover it with makeup if it wasn't gone by the time you had to leave for work. You weren't necessarily worried about the flack you'd get from your manager, you just felt bad for the makeup artists on set and the editors that would have to make them disappear from the photos. Whoops...

On one hand you couldn't be mad at him, you welcomed -no, encouraged it, after all.

On the other hand you wanted to try and beat him with the broom again.

"I'll worry about it later." You sighed.

Buzzzzzzzzzz

"Can a day go by where someone isn't trying to get a hold of me?" You asked yourself as you walked back into your room. You looked to see who called you and it was, somehow not surprisingly, Jess trying to FaceTime.

You answered; keeping the view of the camera above your chin and mostly at the ceiling.

"Good morning." You greeted with a laugh.

"Hey there love bug, how'd it go?" She cooed, you could see that she was laying in bed still herself with half her face smushed against the dark blue pillow she rest against. Her already curly and somewhat messy hair even more unruly from sleeping on it.

"Did you call me first thing after waking up?" You snickered.

"Nooooo..." she trailed off with a yawn. Immediately you heard Eric's voice behind her giving a muffled and somewhat annoyed  "Yes."